jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Copied content

1. Gabriel Wilson profile image89
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I have just been notified that two of my hubs have been copied (exactly the same even the adds). HubPages have left a notice to file a complaint, but I can't read the whole thing and I don't know exactly what I should be doing. Thank in advance for your help.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here you go.. follow the step detailed in the link and you can file your complaint.. http://hubpages.com/faq/#copyright

Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your help sofs. I very much appreciate it.

1. sofs profile image87
          sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad to help smile Now nail down the culprits.. smile

I bloody will and then I'll tell everyone else how it went and what to do. Thank you again sofs smile

2. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

To get the entire hub PLUS the ads, the lazy scumbag must've copy|pasted the entire Page Source (found under "View" or "Web Developers" in the menus at the top of every browser) of each hub. This is MOST or ALL of the HTML coding for every webpage. That it's available to anyone but the author is a blessing and a curse.

A blessing because years ago when I was learning to build web pages from scratch, I used it often to examine snippets of code in order to spiff up my own pages. But it's a curse when used to steal the work of others to claim as one's own.

Good luck on getting the copied hubs removed.

The unbelievable thing is one of the copied hubs had my profile picture and my name on it. On the end of each page it had my url with HubPages. The site itself is a writers site.
      Anyway I'll get to the bottom of it and share so I can help others, just like I've been helped.
      Thank you for your support. I'm grateful:)

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

We have also written a Learning Center entry on this topic:  How to File a DMCA Complaint

Hope you are able to get it all sorted out! smile

Thank you for your help:)

4. Maren Morgan M-T profile image88
    Maren Morgan M-Tposted 5 years ago

So, was this content re-published in Hubpages or somewhere else?  If it Hubpages I hope that at the very least the perpetrator9s) are banned for life!

No. I published the content on HubPages and two writers on Scribd.com each copied a different hub in it's complete form. One of the copiers even left HubPages and my name and profile picture on their post. They even copied my Amazon adds and pictures too. Unreal.

working