jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Hopping

1. Sky321 profile image32
    Sky321posted 5 years ago

I think it would be great to have the option of hub hopping all the latest hubs of the people you follow.  I realise that these are sent to your email but it would be so much convenient at least for me.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hub Hopping is a multi-purpose tool for hubbers.

(a) To use and flag poor material
    (b) To get a look at new hubber's material
    (c) To help cut down on SPAM
    (d) To allow hubbers a useful tool for increasing hubberscore/authorscore(considering that leaving comments on hubs is one factor on increasing that number)

So, changing it to a much more selfish purpose is meaningless. Those who you follow will not produce SPAM and poorly written material which Staff needs help identifying. Not to mention, it wouldn't give new hubber's material the opportunity to be seen other than through normal means.

So, I disagree with changing it.

Sky321posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Those are some really good points. What I meant to say is to have another hub hopping not to change the original one.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll still disagree with adding another one.

I would agree that staff could probably place a list of hubbers who you follow and their most recently published hubs, somewhere in your "my accounts" section and possibly load them one after another? something like the hub hopper?

But, I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. It would then eliminate the emailing feature, that's for sure. Other than that....hmmm....I don't know if there's any real value in it.

I am not even sure if that made sense. lol

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Sky321, I believe that what you want can be accomplished with a recent change the engineers made.

Go to My Account; click on Activity (left of middle, near the top); click on Hubbers You Follow.  When that list comes up, you will see that in addition to sorting by name, we can now (only recently) sort by Recent Hubs, and they are sorted from newest to oldest.

Sky321posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh thank you that is awesome. I'm going to check that out right now.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cool. Didn't know that. Thank you. smile

working