jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Numbers next to hub title.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

So I am still reading through things and learning but I still don't know or understand what they are. For instance next to one of my hubs is the number 75, another 45. Maybe I have read it and didn't understand what I was reading I don't know but at any rate......What do they mean?

1. kirsib profile image56
      kirsibposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure someone will tell you exact reasons but it means where it starts and short text usually starts at 48. It is the way Hubpages rates what hubs are most informative and useful. Basically more you write higher the number is.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

The link is from the learning center aat the foot of the page.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you 2uesday, My hubscore has gone from a 45 to a 62 in under 48 hours! I'm excited about the traffic on my page!

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Actually, it's the number of times that your work has been stolen.

4. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

The first thing you need to learn here is that the scores (author score, hub score, hub karma) are just that - numbers. And they have little or no meaning.

The only thing that scores change is if any links you make to outside websites are dofollow or nofollow. You need a hubscore over 40 and an author score of over 75 to turn all your links to dofollow.

The best way to judge your progress? Earnings and traffic. A hub with a score of 100 may earn you no money at all, while a hub with a score of 65 may earn you $5 a week.