jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon to reinstate California Affiliates this week

1. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

Amazon replied to a well known blogger with this recent email...

"As you may have heard, California Governor Jerry Brown has signed legislation repealing the law that forced us to terminate our California Associates.

We’re working to relaunch the Amazon.com Associates Program in California as soon as possible. In the next few days, we’ll reach out to all affected past Amazon.com Associates with information how to re-open their accounts.

We look forward to seeing you again soon...."

I'd be interested to know what Hubbers think of this!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just want to bring this to our California Hubbers' attention.  Even if you haven't gotten the email reminding you to re-enroll yet, you can do so at:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html

Use the email and password associated with your previous Amazon Associates account to sign in, then check the box and hit the button.  Easy-peasy!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What about Illinois???  I recently moved back to Illinois, went to update all my information, and found out that I am not longer eligible for Amazon because I moved back to Illinois.  I kept the address in Florida for the time being.  I just moved a few days ago, and haven't even changed my address with the post office yet.  When I started writing here, I signed up for Amazon when I was living in Illinois.  I was upset to find that Illinois residents are no longer eligible.  And if I am no longer eligible, what happens to my money that I have earned on there so far??  Do they mail it to me, or does it just disappear??

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anna Marie: Unfortunately, we don't have any information about Illinois residents' eligibility. I would contact Amazon Associates directly to ask them, and to ask them about your balance, as well.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
            Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jason, thank you so much for responding.  I hope they reinstate Illinois associates as well.  I was just starting to make a decent amount of money on there.  Maybe I will just move to Wisconsin.  Not too far from there now, anyway.