I would greatly appreciate any feedback on my first HUB. This is my first time writing in an article type format instead of a more personal level type blog. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
http://jennzie-jz.hubpages.com/hub/How- … pon-binder
Not a coupon shopper, so these are general reactions:
1) Where are the bullet points, like
* do this
* and this
* and this too
2) Need to discuss not just categorizing the coupons, but also ORGANIZING the coupons within the category itself. Do you organize by item, store, or date, or some other criteria (i.e. "none")?
3) IMHO, your categories are a little too... fine as you got to the end. I would just put "household cleaning", "personal hygiene / beauty", and "misc."
4) Just because there's a coupon on it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bargain. ALWAYS keep that in mind. ALWAYS calculate the "per unit price", with the coupon, to make sure you are indeed saving money.
It appears to be good length for your first article. I would add a few more keywords/tags, but that's just a suggestion.
Adding more pictures and breaking up your text into sections, with using additional text capsules and headings, might be more attractive to your reader. Again, that's just a suggestion.
I recommend that you visit the Learning Center to gain more knowledge.
Btw- Welcome to Hubpages.
Thank you for your feedback. I truly apprecaite it. I'll number my responses to match your questions:
1. I didn't want to write just a list. I understand that I could've made it more of a bulleted type how-to, but felt my four paragraphes described the "do this, this, and this" without having to make a bulleted list. Maybe I could add one as a type of quick-reference/glance for someone who just wants the basic overview of the article?
2. I do not organize my coupons further than the categories. They are clearly visible when turning the pages and it would be too time consuming to reorganize them every week to accomidate where the new coupons would fit in.I do go through it twice a month to pull expired coupons. I'm thinking of writing my next HUB about maintaining the binder.
3. The categories are that refined because the amount of coupons in those categories is massive. I have 4-5 sheets under each of those "fine" categories, and if you were to combine them you would end up flipping through 20 pages or so of personal hygiene coupons to find the toothpaste coupon you need.
4. I understand that just because it has a coupon doesn't make it cheaper. I always look at unit prices between all brands of a product and go with the lowest one, but if I can find the right sale to match the right coupon to get high-end name brands products for free or cheap, you better believe I'm jumping on that deal. IF not, generic or off-brand is fine with me too. Just gotta save that money! lol.
Again, I appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback.
by MediaSolutions4 years ago
It's about my dental problems:http://mediasolutions.hubpages.com/hub/I-Have-Bad-TeethThank you!
by Catherine Mostly4 years ago
I'm fairy new to Hub Pages, but one of the things I really enjoy is reading through the Hub Hopper - you never know what topic is going to pop out at you OR how good or bad the next article will be, ha! But some of the...
by TINA V7 years ago
Hello to all hubbers! I am new in online writing and I just started last Thursday (October 22, 2009). If you happen to read my newly published articles, I would greatly appreciate any feedback from all...
by Will Mcwryter17 months ago
i am a hubpages featured author and i think the next step as i climb the hubpages latter is to get one of those editors choice labels i see some people have. how do i contact the editors? i would like my haiku hub...
by A. Cristen Vailuu2 years ago
My hub titled, "Bacteria: the Good, the Bad, and the Resistant!" has a hubscore of 69. Although it is quite short, only 701 words, I made sure to saturate the hub with content. It's organized, and proof...
by Billy Haynes39 hours ago
I haven't been very active on here in a while, and wanting to start back. I noticed this hub has been unfeatured due to 'quality'. This used to be my top viewed article, so I am asking for feedback to find out what may...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.