jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The Request Hubs Are Getting Wonky

1. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Today I made a couple of request hubs and as usual the hubs were short.  I have put in tags that would allow the writer to expand, but each time there is a short answer.  However, what I find funny was one Hub request I made about salad bar bacteria had some very odd comments.  The guy told someone they were a backstabber and asked if they were still employed.  Gee, did not know what to think about that, especially since the comment before it had either been deleted or he was talking to himself.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

That is a little weird!  When I answer a request, I try to give as much information as I can.  I have noticed a lot of request answers tend to be rather short.

3. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Lol, very strange! I was left a comment the other day (which I denied) because it was just a personal attack at me for bad spelling in my hub (which is strange because I always spell check!)

I think some people just don't understand English that well and they make amateur translation mistakes, either that or they don't realise that us English spell it colour! (the correct way smile)

Could hub pages not make it more beneficial to you to answer with a normal length hub rather than a short reply? Kind of make it better for your score to give a more in depth answer (or penalize for a short one)

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am surprised Americans still do that.  Very immature indeed.

2. Just_Rodney profile image44
      Just_Rodneyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

:rolleyes:South Africans also folle the English English, so yes it sometimes does cause confusion.cool
      Hubs from a request for... should be the type of hub you would normally write, same length etc., not just a quickie for the weekly score cards.

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

The funny thing about the Hub in question though was the man was getting mad at someone whose comments were not showing up on the Hub.  I would think he would delete this if he had deleted her comments.  His comment to the lady seem like a bizarre personal attack.  I wonder if he made this weird comment to get more people to comment on his Hub smile.