jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Hot old hubs and hot seasoned writers

1. sligobay profile image72
    sligobayposted 5 years ago

So many fine words and works are lost in the currency of Hub Pages but deserve to be revisited such as the instant poem. You've given me an idea for a forum topic of recycled poetry more than one year old. HubPages should feature older Hubs just as they announce new releases each day. Hmmm, maybe I can put that in their suggestion box. Your fine poem stands the test of time.

Recommend a classic quality poem or hub that was published more than one year ago.

Maven1 is my selected artist with his poem "The Organ Grinder's Monkey".

sligobayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here's the link to Maven1 poem, "The Organ Grinder's Monkey"
      http://maven101.hubpages.com/hub/The-Or … ers-Monkey

2. MissJamieD profile image79
      MissJamieDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Totally love this idea;)

Thanks Miss Jamie D. Pick a Hub or a poem that's one year old and highlight it here.

3. jfay2011 profile image59
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is a really good idea.  We all have really valuable older hubs that often get shuffled into the pile of yesterday's news.  I've got an old paperdoll hub that I first put on hubpages when i signed up and it's never been viewed since.  Maybe I will have to update it with a new hub I guess

2. sligobay profile image72

This old gem is a delicious delicacy. Lake of Dreams by Drax is a must read.
    http://drax.hubpages.com/hub/Broken_heart_poems

3. sligobay profile image72

Poetvix will take you for a wild ride as this epic feature reaches its stride.
    http://poetvix.hubpages.com/hub/Racing- … -Nightmare

4. bbnix profile image61
    bbnixposted 5 years ago

spousal abuse-Kimberlyslyrics

http://kimberlyslyrics.hubpages.com/hub … urt-anyone

great idea sligobay

bbnx is right. This is a classic great hub I never saw. I commented:

Kimberly, your writing is always so heart-wrenching because you feel so deeply about the things that you choose to write about. Bbnx posted this link on my new forum for oldies but goodies - hubs which are more than a year old and stand the test of time. I haven't ever been big on the forums because I have run into so many a$$es there. See you soon. Hugs.

Go to your account to the activity area and click on "comments YOU made" which has a link to every comment you ever made and you can go to the bottom and scroll up to find at least one year old HUB that you would recommend. It's like an Oldies but Goodies forum.

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

Great idea Gerry, I have had the opportunity to post and read many great hubs over the past year and one of my favorites comes from a prolific, talented writer and poet we all know as Wayne Brown. This scribe had me rolling on the floor and almost peeing in my saddle. He never ceases to amaze me with his talent I hope you will all enjoy this slant on "The Lone Ranger and his side kick Tonto"

http://waynebrown.hubpages.com/hub/WAS- … RANGER-GAY

Thanks Ken. Wayne Brown's Hub is hysterical..

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 years ago

I'm new to Hub Pages and I love this idea because there are so many writers here already, how can you ever catch up with the great writers?  Great idea that I hope HP will find a way to expand upon.  Thanks from us Newbies!

7. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Nice Idea Gerry.

Of course you have a stable of goodies worth reading too.

We have had some excellent poets through HP... there are some awesome pieces that collect dust here. But as you say.. good poetry spans time! In a world of ad impressions etc. good poetry does seem to get lost, doesn't it?

Take care my friend..

We'll see if the idea catches on. I'm sure that you have more than one old favorite to recommend.

Well, I guess the idea of reinvigorating the enthusiasm for "Oldies but Goodies" isn't catching on so well.  I do not know the forum formula but think that I will need to continue to prime the pump with suggestions. PICK A HUB that is one year old or better and recommend it here!

working