jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Add infolinks to Hubpages

1. anasshad profile image82
    anasshadposted 5 years ago

Infolinks is nowadays the leading intext contextual ad program. It is not only the highest paying and the ads are also highly content related. We used to had kontera but it was not performing. How about giving infolinks a shot at Hubs. What do you all say?

1. questionpaper profile image60
      questionpaperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah you are right!
      Chitika should also be added for those who are adsense disabled!!!!!

2. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Infolinks are a nightmare for someone who takes pride in her writing. I have yet to see an infolink popup whose content is (a) relevant and (b) useful/interesting/appealing to my readers.

I hate, hate hate infolinks on other sites where I publish, because I pull in a good payout on them, if I don't mind annoying my readers with stupid green links triggering annoying popups that are never the slightest bit related to my content. For my more informational/literary articles I turn them off; for articles in niches like gaming where readers can better tolerate ad clutter I leave them on. (Being able to turn them on or off on a per-article basis helps mitigate the amount that I vomit in my mouth for giving in to ad creep in pursuit of greenbacks.)

You might agitate for them on Hubpages because of the payout, but don't kid yourselves: they add absolutely zero to the quality of any page where they are present, and they give nothing whatsoever to your readers.

Disclaimer: I am irrationally biased against all kinds of popups, so take my rant with a grain of salt.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No salt being shaken here! I agree with you completely. Although, it is interesting that you analyze targeted markets to assess how much garbage they may be willing to tolerate without exiting a page lickity split.

1. Greekgeek profile image97
        Greekgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Note that I don't do any sort of systematic analysis of markets; I'm just going on raw instinct and the kind of content/ads I've seen on popular sites in my niche.

Also, Mom. Mom thinks Infolinks popups mean her computer has virus. A gamer would figure out what an Infolinks ad is and why it's there in a nanosecond, because they've trained themselves to figure out complex screen interfaces without reading the manual. And (I think?) they are less bothered by visually noisy interfaces.

(Getting off topic entirely, sorry)

3. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 5 years ago

Eww, no.  Please, no Infolinks.  There are enough pop-ups on the Internet, we do not need to introduce them on HubPages.

As for those who are Adsense disabled, there are reasons for that to happen.  If you want to use a different ad revenue source, start a website for yourself, add all the flashing backgrounds, lime green highlight boxes, and .midi music files you'd like with your popping text links and such.

4. Tammy Infolinks profile image61
    Tammy Infolinksposted 4 years ago

Hey, this is Tammy from Infolinks. To each his own in online advertising. smile  However, I would love to add to this discussion that Infolinks gives the publisher complete control of the style and volume of Infolinks on their site. You can allow 1 - 12 links per page (and as Geekgeek mentioned, turn them on and off as well) you can also control the color of the links as well as the appearance (double underline, single underline and so on.)

Because Infolinks In-Text ads do not appear 100% of the time like other banner ads and you have to actually activate them with a hover of your mouse - Infolinks is the quiet solution.

Happy blogging,

5. hassam profile image81
    hassamposted 4 years ago

Most Hubbers had a bad experience with Kontera and HP wouldn't want to do the same by starting Infolinks. Yes, it is true people with disabled Adsense account, don't have other means to earn here. I wanted to see Chitika ads added on Hubpages, but Hubpages have developed a much better program altogether in the form of HP ads. It is true however that people with no Adsense are sure to loose a lot from the on going revenue streams.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't use the HP ads or eBay without Adsense affiliation.

1. hassam profile image81
        hassamposted 4 years ago in reply to this