jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Sorry, This user does not exist.

1. Sun Pen 50 profile image77
    Sun Pen 50posted 5 years ago

This is what I get when I tried access my (site) (domain)??? sunpen50.hubpages.com. My number of visitors also have come down. I like to know whether any body had this problem before.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

http://sunpen50.hubpages.com/

You exist. I just used your sub-domain in my address bar.

Sun Pen 50posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Cagsil. I now checked and I could access it now. It seems to be an intermittent problem. This is happening for about a week. I get only about 20-25
      visitors a day. last week it shot up to about 50. (After I posted links in some bookmarking sites. from next day it started happening. I checked to access from google search pages sometimes it opens the page and sometimes I get that user does not exist message. Now the number of visitors are 2-3 and one day it was zero. Somebody who knows what the problem is.. Please help.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If people type in "www" before your subdomain, it will come back as this "user does not exist".

If they type in your subdomain as a hyperlink, like I did, then it will show up without any problem.

This was addressed in another forum thread a while back.

Sun Pen 50posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the explanation. I'll check and keep an eye on this. But what worries me is the drop in hits.

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure that bothers you but now you stand on your own credibility. You now receive less juice from Hubpages because your subdomain is treated as a stand alone page.

Meaning, you must address SEO techniques and keyword research more carefully. ON PAGE SEO is more important than it was before. Not to mention, quality backlinks would be helpful.

Hubber Sunforged has written some hubs on this topic. Click on Hubbers, then type his "Sunforged" name in the white box and check out his hubs. smile

working