jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

International Hubbers Meeting

1. billabongbob profile image79
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

Mixing with your peers is an important part of growing as an online publisher. In the age of the digital world, the ways in which people interact have changed, new ways have been added.

Due to the nature of the type of work we all do here at HP, physically meeting up on a regular basis would be impossible. We are all spread across the globe, yet manage to interact on a regular basis through the medium of internet. God Bless the world wide web hey wink

The point I want to make is: Could we arrange to meet at a certain time, on a certain date, via a certain media � e.g. MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail, Skype???

We would have to allow for time and date differences, as this meeting would hopefully include hubbers from all continents. We might even have to consider setting up a media/chat account just for the purpose of these meetings � e.g. an MSN account that any hubbers wishing to sign up to peer meetings can join easily, and therefore a new network of like minded people will be formed.

If any one has any thoughts on this possibility, I would be only too glad to hear about it........

I shall be posting in as many places as possible (without spamming I promise), so that I will hopefully get a growing feedback. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Happy Hubbing wink

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5582321_f248.jpg

2. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I thought that is what these forums were for.  I don't really see much difference to be honest, it would not be possible to chat on a shared line as too many people talking at the same time ?  any other form of messaging is little different to what we are doing now - or not ?

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I'd have to + 1 the sentiments of recommend1. I couldn't imagine  how such a large gathering could be productive.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I think there's a strong possibility that it could end in a punch up.

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think most of the more aggressive posters here would turn out to be toothless bald old farts,  and that is just the women !

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

5. billabongbob profile image79
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

Point taken.

It seems to be of common consensus that it would probably end up as a disaster. Which should be avoided of course.

How about an 'invite only' set up? Only hubbers that receive an invitation from a previously approved member would be allowed to join. i.e. anyone considered to have anything of value to add to the group.

Just a thought wink

working