looking for constructive criticism for my first hub :-)

1. JMoodywrites profile image59
    JMoodywritesposted 5 years ago

Hi all, I was hoping to get some feedback on my first hub?
    All suggestions gratefully recieved.
    http://jmoodywrites.hubpages.com/hub/fr … unchcombat
    many thanks
    jenny b

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not bad. Initial reaction: slightly disjointed.

If you want to prove that frugality is needed, then why is that "rising cost of necessities" chart at the VERY END of the hub? Should be right up on top!

Instead of "center" the book covers, should be "right align"  and let the text flow around it.

The section / capsule titles are a bit weird. As you're highlighting the books, I'd thought you'd use book titles, but instead you have long sentences instead. smile 

Frugal Facts should be a "sidebar" or along the introduction.

All in all, I could quite tell what are the 3 books or what they meant. Are they meant to illustrate the 3 ways you plan your meals? Or just 3 books you use? (There's a subtle difference that I can't quite articulate right now, it is late here)

2. JMoodywrites profile image59
      JMoodywritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks for your feedback I re-read it this morning and I have to agree, it does seem disjointed. I tried to read it as if I had no knowledge of the subject. I'm going to have a play with it and see if I can approve :-)

I thought the text capsules might be interesting that way, rather than just repeating the book title but it doesn't really work in print :-)

thanks again much appreciated :-)