jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Linking users to an article & allowing them to view whose linked them.

1. Nspeel profile image66
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

I use an application for my Iphone called Instagram. This is a social networking application for photographers or anyone really who wants to share pictures.

Anyways though to the point. When I come across a picture I really think a friend will enjoy I link them to it by typing something like "Wow amazing color in this picture @Wilkie010 you will love the colors in this one."

This does two things... first it shows the artist I really enjoyed it enough to show it to a friend. Second it will increase traffic for him, and the artist, or hub writer in our case.

Twitter touches down on this a bit with #hashtags and using @ before the username to link people together.

Could you implement this one hubpages in a way not to cause spam? Most people use it wisely and cautiously but others go overboard sometimes making it often look offending.

I thought of this for the reason I would love to easily link them to a hub rather than have to type out an email to him with a link in it. If I use the share button he may miss it because he is not online.

What do you guys think of the idea?

1. Nspeel profile image66
      Nspeelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Any thoughts at all?

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

When I read this initially, I really had no idea at all of what you were talking about.  I think I understand now, but not sure; so let me rephrase, then comment.

What you mention sounds like one way of recommending a Hub to a friend, but doing so without having to type out the title or link.  It would, in a sense, be one more type of button (or whatever) to put on Hubs as a quick and easy method of sharing.  Is that basically it?

My thought is that there are so many different ways of sharing, it would be impossible for HP to implement all of them.  (When I went to share a New York Times article, there were many, many dozens of possible ways.)  Even though it seems like a great idea to make it easy to share Hub articles, there is probably some upper limit as to how many different ways can be efficiently or effectively implemented.

But the idea of letting Hubbers see who has shared, recommended, or plus-one'd an article is appealing to me.

3. Nspeel profile image66
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

In a sense that is what I meant it would not be a button but a link though. In line text link that linked you straight to his page. This would do 3 things.

1. Linking people of the same interests.

2. Let people know it was good enough your sharing it with a good friend or writer.

3. Allow the person I linked to see the article I linked them to.

For instance if I wanted to link you to my forum post I would do comment something like below.

"Hey @Aficionada do you think this would be something worth implementing into HP's?"