jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Glitch Sticky Thread

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

It can be difficult to search through dozens of threads to find out whether a particular glitch has already been mentioned by other Hubbers.

I would like to see (permanently) a sticky forum thread where Hubbers can report whatever problem is happening currently and check with relative ease to see whether others have reported the same thing.  Here, I'm not talking about suggestions for improvements, upgrades, new ideas, etc. - just actual problems.

Obviously, it would get full and unwieldy at some point.  The solution to that that I would suggest would be to decide on a maximum number of posts (or pages), close the thread when it reaches the maximum, and open a new one. - Still easier to search, IMO. - OR, as a second option, a time period could be the factor for choosing when to close the old one and open a new one.  A week?  Longer? Shorter? (Staff should probably select the time length.)

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It wouldn't help, people don't look at the sticky threads that are there now.

1. Aficionada profile image94
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Owww.  sad  That sounds like defeatism.

I have seen some sticky threads receive hundreds of posts, and it seems to depend on the topic.

I don't believe that what I suggested would completely do away with the matter of multiple threads reporting the same technical problems, but I believe it could be a big step towards making the process more efficient.  As a matter of fact, melbel's suggestion sounds like a great one.  Hubbers could check first to see whether their issue has been noted by staff, before opening a new thread.

With any attempt at a solution, there would probably be some period of learning the system.  But I believe either of these suggestions would be an improvement over the free-for-all arrangement we have now.

QM, thanks for your contribution.  I'm uncertain about your suggestion right now, because it seems to me to open up the possibility of throwing hundreds of tickets at the engineers.  However, I realize that the staff are in a better position to evaluate the potential of that idea than I am.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Actually, I think it would be better to have a whole different section for problems.

"Tickets". People can open a ticket about a problem, add to other tickets, file them under different sections (hub, forum, affiliates etc) and staff can close them when the problem is fixed.

3. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Or maybe a sticky created and edited by the staff as "known bugs"