Looking for honest, straight forward advice

1. creamsoda profile image80
    creamsodaposted 5 years ago

I'm new to hubpages and so far I like it. The reason I came to hubpages is that it was a step up from the online article writing I was doing elsewhere.

But I'm concerned I don't have the writing chops or creativity it takes to make it here.

I'd like some honest opinions of some who are writers, as to whether I should spend time trying to become a better writer (with making money as my ultimate goal) or go back to writing the cheesy website fodder.

Brutal honesty needed, as I don't want to waste my time or yours.

Thanks smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not an experienced hubber and I know they'll be others out there that can offer some great advice. I read your wedding ring hub and I actually thought that you delivered a unique take on the products and that it was well written. I think writing on Hubpages is like writing anywhere else, we have to keep practicing and learning from others as much as we can. Keep writing, that's how you'll perfect your craft. smile

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Creamsoda smile I would suggest writing with what you know, enjoy, passionate about. The best way to learn is by example and I'd suggest looking at other Hubbers. Notice their topics, style, how they present to the public. Also, you can use the search bar on top right to find fantastic Hubs of interest or with helpful tips and advice. Good luck, have fun wink