jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is anyone in Ireland or the UK earning money with Hubpages?

1. mathair profile image70
    mathairposted 5 years ago

Just wondering if everyone that makes a few bucks out of writing on Hubpages is based in the USA. I would love to hear from people in the UK or Ireland who actually make money through this site.  I would also like to know if there is any way to use the Amazon.co.uk website instead of the .com as most of my traffic is European based. Anyone got any advice?

2. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I live in Wales and I get a payment from Adsense every month, I got paid triple figures on Friday. As for Amazon, I've heard people outside of the UK receive a check and choose for it to be send only after it has reached £500 because there is a charge for converting the $, I never bothered..you can make money on Amazon as well, I made $70 last Christmas but I haven't had chance to really put my back into that.

mathairposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply. I am only writing casually at the moment but have made nothing more than 80 cent from the 25 Hubs I have published in 6 months. I guess I will have to find a better excuse than my location! Perhaps I need to take this more seriously or else just give up smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you just need to do more keyword research and backlinking.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I only opened my account four months ago and didn't produce my first hub until three months ago. Having said that, I'm starting to get adsense clicks and last month I made four times the amount I'd made the month before on HP ads. Only five dollars but a start. I think potentially money can be made here, if we're prepared to do the work.

I will stick at it for another while with a little more focus on what I am doing. Think I may pay a visit to the Hub make over page for some tips too!

4. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

You need to write about popular things and check the $$$ sign in the stats part of your hubs..it tells you the estimated revenue potential. It take me 9 months until the first money arrived in my bank. After that its a lot easier. I was on around 80 hubs by then

5. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

I'm based in the UK and am starting to make some decent money from Hubpages.  I have not been here a year yet and despite that I have started making Adsense payout each month.  I am also just starting to see some income from Amazon.  Admittedly it is annoying that it is from the US site, but I should reach my $100 payout this month so am looking forward to my check.  Not looking forward to paying to get it swapped into stirling though.

6. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I've always done better with Amazon that Adsense. I'm from the UK but living in Spain and found that by signing up to AmazonUK as an affiliate, the adding an affiliate link (just add an html text link) in the Amazon hubs you write, especially when you see it is generating UK traffic, is a good idea. Not making a fortune with them, but every little helps smile

This sounds like a good idea IzzyM. I must figure this out.

7. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

I live in Scotland my earnings from last month totaled over £800, the best dvice that I can give is to write about the things that interest you and the things that you know most about, good luck.....jimmy

working