Amazon Associates: "Special Terms" Fee Structure...what is this?

1. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Before California Amazon Associates were terminated, my account said I was enrolled in a "Performance Fee Structure." This meant the commission was volume-based, according to Amazon's Terms of Service which were neatly spelled out right here:

Performance Fee Structure rules

Now that I've re-enrolled, if I click on Earnings Reports, then click on the "Reports" text link up at upper left, I see this:

"You are currently enrolled in our Special Terms Fee Structure."

I have searched all over Amazon Associates, and I can't find where this "Special Terms Fee Structure" is spelled out. In other words, they don't tell us how they're going to pay us.

So I have two questions:

-- Are NON Californians seeing that "Special Terms Fee Structure" at the top of their accounts? If so, I won't worry about it.
    -- Can YOU find the "Special Terms" listed anywhere on Amazon Associates Central?

I would feel better if these "special terms" were spelled out.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked on Amazon, and it said I am part of the "Performance Fee Structure", and I looked in the glossary, and found 'fee structures', but it told me to look here: … /operating

When I did, there was no real information that explained anything.  Sorry...

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Special Terms may be for registered affiliates located in California as a get out clause for Amazon if the law affecting affiliates is repealed.

Until we can see where the terms are I would suggest dropping them an email GG.