Okay Google, now you are just messing with me.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I've waited for 8 months and spent countless hours learning about SEO in the rather vain attempt to get a pitiful double digit number of views on a hub purely from Google searches (I've had a lot of facebook traffic...well comparatively)

So it finally happens today... from Google Brazil.  WTH?  Do they have different results rankings?  And if so, just how the heck did my hub have SEO in a different language?

Apart from the irony of it, could someone tell me how the different versions of Google work as far as SEO, language, and rankings?

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Each country is generally redirected to their country's version of Google (Australians to google.com.au, UK to google.co.uk etc). As far as I'm aware they have quite similar search algorithms, although some obviously support translation too.

Usually any new changes get rolled out to Google US first, but they eventually get spread to the other versions once they've passed testing phase.

Maybe your hub was about a topic that recently came on the news in Brazil or is related to an event that happened there.