jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)

HubPatron of the Arts Contest: more details needed.

1. Clairepeek profile image60
    Clairepeekposted 5 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5331583_f248.jpg
    What is the MAXIMUM word-count per submission?
    This is important especially for the creative writing. Working on a piece without knowing its limit is difficult to tune and target for the needs of the contest.

HOW MANY submissions are allowed per author & category?
    Some hubbers/authors are talented in more than one category... do they have to chose?

Looking forward to an answer ^_^
    Cheers and good luck to all.
    Clairepeek

1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's clear that I am going to win in every category... so why bother?

I would just wait for the next contest, and hope that I am on vacation and not be able to participate.

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Clairepeek!  I'm so glad you're interested in entering the contest.  There is no word count maximum, just a minimum of 500 words.  For most non-fiction Hubs on HubPages we recommend around 1000 words maximum, but that's not the case for fiction.  So have fun!!  wink  As for your second question, you can enter in one or multiple categories every day but you can only have five total entries, e.g., two poems, one photo gallery and two creative writing Hubs.  Hope that answers your questions and good luck!

1. Clairepeek profile image60
        Clairepeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Robin!
        Yes thank you this answer perfectly my questions ^_^. I will therefore have a lot of fun in order to be ready smile Now I have to let my friends know about your answer. Take care and thank you again for answering so fast!

2. Greek One profile image80

Have I won yet?

1. Robin profile image

I'm so glad I answered your questions, Claire!  Good luck!

@ GreekOne There's only one tiny problem, you need to enter to win any of the contests!  That said, I think this contest is right up your and Mark's alley!  wink

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE HINDERING MY MONEY MAKING POTENTIAL BY PUTTING UP INSURMOUNTABLE BARRIERS LIKE "Participating"

1. Robin profile image

big_smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I'm a bit wurried about this riting thing as well.  Ive allready writen a brillint thing that's nearly 400 words long!  Obviusly there's a lot of the same frase but thats just nateral keywerd ockurrence and that.

The storey is about an Amazon product, but Im not just trying to shift it or nothing, it's about the indepth knowings and why the prices is so reasonable.

Thing is I dont no whether to split it into two separate bits (easier for the judges concentration) so I could win on two days running or whther to just put the whole thing up and maybe write somethign else to win the next day. 

Phew. Thatss a lott of writings I just done there so I dont want no one to think they can;t match up or nothing.

Just have a go everybody, buit not on the first two days obviersly.  There mine.

My wife tried to split my bits into two separate pieces as well the other day...

left me with a smaller hub

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Shorter than mine.

And funnier.

you saw a pic of it posted online?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
            Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Got me again!

Tell you what.   Stick these together, whack 'em up on November the 1st and there's your fifty dollars.

trying hard not to make a joke about whacking and sticking things together for $50

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I have noticed a possible little problem with the contest rules that I hope can be clarified before the contest begins.

The official rules mention the dates and time period when hubs may be submitted in order to be eligible for the Daily Drawings.  The times are expressed as PDT - Pacific Daylight Time.  But Daylight Savings Time ends officially on November 6, a few days after the contest begins.

In regions that observe DST, that might not make much of a difference.  But in some parts of the world, it could make a big difference.

I mention this because I have seen problems in the past with Hubbers not being aware of what time it is in California compared to their own time zone, and they ended up being either too early or too late for some deadline.

1. Robin profile image

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Aficionada!  I will discuss it with Simone when she gets back from her vacation!  smile

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome - and Thanks, Robin!

1. Robin profile image

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, Aficionada!  We are changing the contest rules so that all times are PT, and not PST (Standard) or PDT (Daylight).  Cheers!  big_smile

1. Aficionada profile image93
            Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds great!  I'm glad I could help.

4. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

My entries are ready

5. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I am SO excited about this contest that I can barely wait. It's right up my alley!! YEAH!!!!!!

working