jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why am I getting a bad link message on one of my hubs?

1. homesteadbound profile image90
    homesteadboundposted 5 years ago

When I try to link one of my hubs into another hub using the linking capsule and I do the check link, it keeps telling me bad link. I let it search for the link within hubpages and clicked the add, and still received the error msg. I copied the link and pasted the URL into the capsule and still received the error. I unpublished and republished the hub I am trying to link and still get the error. What can I do?

1. kschang profile image88
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Could be a glitchy day. Try again later, or use a different browser.

2. bbnix profile image58
      bbnixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

maybe write the team

2. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

That really sounds like a glitch.. Just wanted to mention that unpublishing your hubs may not be  a great idea as it causes your hubs to be deindexed.. It would be worthwhile to try other methods.. unpublish only when you are sure that you want to get rid of that hub from HP forever.
    Always try another browser or wait for sometime before trying anything drastic.
    Hope your problem is sorted out by now.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

So i assume that if you go out of edit mode, and click the link, it works?

homesteadboundposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry - have been in class all day. I am able to click the link on my accounts page and bring it up. I will go try to link it again.

homesteadboundposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It worked fine today. Yesterday it noticed me it was a bad link, and when I tested it on that hub, it verified the link to be bad. But it seems to be fine today. Thanks to all of you!

working