jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

I'm new. Got some question on Hubscore

1. vexez profile image72
    vexezposted 5 years ago

I joined yesterday with a author Hubscore of 27
    Made a hub with a initial Hubscore of 47, now 51
    Today my author hubscore became 20

I'm just curious is these normal for someone new?
    As I see many active people around here are having 80-90+ hubscores
    Just feels weird to have such a low score on a new account.

1. anasshad profile image79
      anasshadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is totally normal for young hubbers. Hubscore is depends more upon your participation in the community and traffic. It is completely normal and will become stable as you write more hubs.

1. vexez profile image72
        vexezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yea I'm slowly getting used to it and sees some improvement as things goes on.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

According to the timestamp I'm reading right now, you've been on HubPages for less than 24 hours.  Your experience is entirely normal.

You'll want to read the two below sections to get a better understand of how the site functions and what sort of content will get you better results.  And in the end, it's going to just take some patience and effort on your part.  A strong HubScore doesn't just get handed to you, you have to work for it.

http://hubpages.com/faq

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. vexez profile image72

Thanks relache. Found some useful info from one of the link in FAQ.

3. skear profile image91
    skearposted 5 years ago

Like Relache said it's pretty much par for the course.  When I first joined my author score was all over the place and eventually it started trending upwards.

As long as you don't do anything wild like start following too many people or publish crappy hubs you won't have any problems getting a high score.

I read through your first hub and I thought it was very well written.

Good luck!

1. vexez profile image72

Thanks skear. I'm still new in writing hubs. Just trying to keep it neat and making it easy to read. I believe my content is not as good as many others, will keep improving. smile

4. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

The scores are almost pointless - hub scores, author scores and hub karma are just numbers. The ONLY thing they are good for is if you want dofollow links for external or your own sites (40 hubscore or overall 75 author score required for this).

The best advice is to ignore scores, they will come up on their own.

Traffic and earnings are the numbers that you should worry about.

1. vexez profile image72

It's just curiosity affecting me when these scores goes up and down. Just want to find out more about them. These scores does make some reference for understanding how well your hub is doing. But like you mentioned, we shouldn't worry too much about it.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here's what Hubpages has to say on the topic:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

But there are people with hubs that have scores of 100 that don't earn a cent, while others with a score of 65 bring in a reasonable weekly income.

1. vexez profile image72

Thanks! That's something new to me. It's similar to the one I saw in the Hubpages learning center. I guess that 4 points is the key.

5. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I actually have a hub about increasing your hub score if your interested in reading it. Note though, hub score always changes even if you think it might increase. 

Since your new, your score will automatically be low, this is completely normal.

1. vexez profile image72

Ok thanks. Just feels weird when it's kinda low when everyone around is over 90s.

Will take a look on the hub.

1. Ania L profile image83
        Ania Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No worries, mine score started the same as yours and now is close to 90 - still I'm pretty new to HubPages,  5 weeks so far.
        So yours will go up soon enough if you keep being reasonably active.

1. vexez profile image72

Cool! You must be doing great on hubpages to rise your hubscore that fast.
          After getting bothered by the Hubscore awhile for start, I'm now more concern on the quality of the hub and the views I get instead.

working