jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Internet Service Resumed - Or is It...? The Funny Bit is at the End!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Hi, all

For the past few weeks, my Internet service has been horrific, going on and off like traffic lights at certain times - and staying at red for hours... It has been so frustrating but when I finally got through to a helpdesk (after growing a beard while on hold) they were "delighted" to tell me that it wasn't a problem unique to my own personal address: the entire South-East of the City of Glasgow and the whole of the County of Lanarkshire (where I live) was affected. Great to know I'm not alone...

This morning, I received a letter telling me that I would have no Internet or TV access (today) for around eight hours while they finally resolved the problem.

The funny bit...??? The following is the concluding paragraph, I swear: (censored by me where appropriate)

"We'd like to say sorry for any inconvenience the work might cause. You can also use our Service Status page online to check how things are working in your area, at, censoredbyauthor/servicestatus"

Really? While you have disconnected my Internet...???

I'm clearly up and running for now - only time will tell...

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Is that British Telecom? I saw something about them on the BBC site to say they'd had a massive outage the other day.

By the way, you don't need to have any 'O' levels to get a job at BT.

Obviously.

Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Saw the problem with BT, Izzy -but no...

Mr B with the beard and the Atlantic airline...??? You know him!! smile

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I'd never be so crass as to mention Richard Branson and his Virgin Group, so your secret is safe with me smile

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Oops!

That's OK. I know these things slip out unintentionally in conversation... lol

5. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

This is happening to me all the time! And I'm on the East Coast, USA. I swear, once I got this: "502 internal error. A Team of monkeys has been dispatched to detect the problem."

A team of monkeys???

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aaah! But did they fix the problem?

I mean who cares who is being sent to fix it so long as it gets fixed smile

But hey kudos to your provider for having a sense of humor smile

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image94

Thanks, lovemychris,

I will see how things go - but may suggest it as a service improvement! smile

working