Can you spot the idiot?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

IDIOT SIGHTING
    When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'it's open!' His reply: 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton,MS

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

We had to have the garage door repaired.

The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
    I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
    He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4.
    He said, 'NO, it's not..' Four is larger than two.'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

1. shop online fast profile image59
      shop online fastposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hey stacie L
      this makes my day
      i am laughing my ass-umption off

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/blog/P022409JB-0615-red.jpg

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

535 idiots all in one room!
      That's not hard. Like shooting fish in a barrel!

2. Danette Watt profile image82
      Danette Wattposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

When I was a 'learner diver' the site foreman wanted me to take a huge barrel full of oil to the other side of the harbour in a tiny boat.  I told him this was impractical and suggested we just toss the drum in the water and tow it over - he refused saying it would sink.  The ensuing discussion scalted to a mild argument and attracted everyone else.  The general consensus that the barrel full of oil (that is lighter than water) would sink to the bottom and this view was sealed when the site engineer laughed at me.  I bet them all a tenner each that it would float and they all dutifully put up the cash (140 GBPounds) and I covered it.  I rolled the drum off the edge, collected the cash and then towed the barrel to the other side.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WTG! smile

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

IDIOT SIGHTING
    My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill.
    Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter.
    She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes Iknow, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.
    She sighed and went to get the manager, who asked me to repeat my request.
    I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we could not do that kind of thing.'
    The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do that same change thing at the grocery store all the time and never a problem. Whatever I hand the cashier, they are trained to just enter it into the register and the register does the math. I would have thought McDonald's would have been equally coordinated.  Oh, well.

I did learn long ago to never try to round out change at a 7-11. It will make the clerk's head explode every time.

Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes they hate it when you try to help...

another idiot watch...
        I live in a semi rural area.
        We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office
        To request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
        The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
        I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman , KS

1. wheelinallover profile image75
          wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am wheelchair bound and the mail box is across a street where people don't understand what a speed limit is. There have been cars who squeal their brakes trying to get stopped in time and others who go around me doing way over the speed limit. When I talked to the local post office about having my mail box moved,the postmaster told me that after an accident happens he will move the mail box. Isn't that like putting the cart in front of the horse?

Beatrice Ne

oh that's so PO mentality..,roll

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

If you have ever read some of the questions asked her at Hub Pages, by people who speak and write poor,broken English that makes no sense at all, you have  the answer to your question.

Dave these are humorous anecdotes ...
      and who are you referring to as "her?"

6. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

RE:
    I live in a semi rural area.
    We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office
    To request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
    The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!
    I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'
    ---------------
    To use the southern vernacular, "Well, bless her little heart!"
    She was just trying to be sweet and helpful by saving the pretty deer.

big_smile

7. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Too funny!  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)