jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Scores

1. sonfollowers profile image91
    sonfollowersposted 5 years ago

Hub score seems so random.  I don't understand the algorithm.  I expected it to be based on number of hits, number of comments, how recent the hits were, view duration...  But some of it doesn't make sense.  For instance, my highest ranked hub right now has 0 comments, 28 total views, and 0 views today while one of my lowest ranked hubs has 14 comments, 132 total views, and 5 views today.  This doesn't make sense to me.  It feels so random that I'm not sure how to improve my hub scores.  Apparently advertisement (links), views, and comments are not helping.

Please explain how this works.  At present, I don't see the value in these numbers.

1. rajan jolly profile image87
      rajan jollyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find that on publishing a new hub the hubber score goes up by say 3 to 4 points and within a few hours comes down by about 2 points and  it stabilises there.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I think this post by Wilderness sums it up nicely: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/82197#post1766251

This is what hubpages has to say on the topic:

There are people with hubscores of 100 that earn hardly a cent, while others with a hubscore of 65 get tons of sales and clicks. I'd say ignore the scores.

3. 0
    msivakumarposted 5 years ago

Don't bother about the hub and hubber scores much. It doesn't affect your earnings anyway.

As long as your individual hub scores are above 40 and your hubber scores are above 75 you are doing well.

Hubber score below 75 makes your links no follow which means you lose the advantage of crawling from search engines. So just ensure that you maintain your hubber score above 75.