Photo Galleries Category

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I was taking a peek at the upcoming contest and I came across the photo galleries category as it was something I've not stumbled upon on HubPages.

Since this category was new to me, I was really confused as to what this category was for. I've now figured it out but when I was looking at the category to figure it out, I was ultra confused by the purpose of the category by hubs that are perhaps mis-categorized.

Looking further in the category and it seems that if I'm correct about the purpose of the category, a large number of hubs do not belong in that category.

I'm just sharing this because:
    A: I was confused of the purpose of the category perhaps because of hubs that don't actually belong in this category -- and others might have trouble as well.
    B: Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just not "getting it."

This is what I think this category is for... collections of photos. However, it seems to be a sort of "dump" for topics where the author is unsure of which category their hub belongs in. (I know the Ruby programming language category is a drop-off spot for hubs on jewelery.)

Based off my assessment, these hubs DO belong in the category:
    Women of Color: A Beautiful Rainbow of Splendor
    Photos of Amazing, Unique Pumpkin Carving Designs

These don't:
    Use Images and Photos Legally On Your Website
    Why I Love Pinterest
    Download Free Streaming Video Software

Am I correct? Usually I wouldn't bring this to attention and instead would just flag hubs, but I'm not super clear on the category and I don't want to waste mods' time misflagging hubs (plus, if I'm correct then there are too many hubs for me to flag)

2. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I am equally confused. I'm also curious as to the optimal amount of photos in a photo gallery. I know they have to be described to get the word count up, but I don't want to use too few or too many for contest entries.