jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Wanted: Hubbers from Chicago!!!

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I live close enough to Chicago to make the drive out to a hubmeetup group. However, I live far enough away to not know anything about it, so I couldn't really plan a hubmeetup group. (With my luck, I'd pick a "cute" cafe online and it'd probably turn out to be shady.)

If ANYONE wants to take the initiative to start a hubmeetup group in Chicago, I would TOTALLY be there (as long as you don't schedule the meetup to be like... tomorrow.)

2. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

How far from Chicago are you? North or south?

I live across the river from St. Louis and posted a call for a meetup but no one responded (could be many people don't check this forum?). I know at least 2 hubbers who are in my county or the next county over and a few others scattered around.

I wouldn't want to drive up to Chicago (work on Saturdays) but probably could meet on a Sunday if it were a little more "downstate"

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Danette, We have the same problem with our HubMeets here in NY. I know of several Hubbers who list in their profile that they live nearby on Long Island. But I don't think they read these forums either. Although we do have success with just a few people.

We are meeting later today and have four Hubbers who RSVPed. A couple of new Hubbers who never got started writing seem to have dropped out. But the four of us who keep attending always discuss so many important things about the latest HubPages features being added and comparing each other's results.

It's definitely worthwhile having a local meetup no matter how small. Melbel has been putting a lot of effort into getting it started in her area. Best of luck in Chicago.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago
  4. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

Yes, I thought about sending individual emails. I'm hesitant to get started on this right now though b/c I'm going to try my hand at NaNo so will need to stay focused on that.

But I'd like to meet others for the very reason Glenn stated, to compare notes on what's working and what isn't. And I have a lot to learn, LOL

5. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

When I was on one of my Indiana-Illinois-Missouri-Arkansas-etc. treks recently, I spent some time perusing the map to see whether there might be some fairly centrally located city for a meetup.  What about Champaign, Illinois?  I know that there are several Hubbers who say they live there (or at least have done so - because of the University) and they might be able to help recommend a location.

I would like to attend a local meetup, but my schedule is not likely to match up with anyone else's until after Christmas.  Still, I'm willing to check in periodically to see whether the details of a possible meetup are sounding likely for me.

There are several Hubbers in Indiana, Chicago, Missouri, and western Kentucky who might be willing to drive to Champaign.  At the very least, it might be worth checking into. smile

6. DeborahNeyens profile image96
    DeborahNeyensposted 4 years ago

I'm in Eastern Iowa (used to live in Chicago) and would be willing to drive in for a meetup there or somewhere not too far away.

7. chicagoguy profile image76
    chicagoguyposted 4 years ago

i will be interested to meetup !!

8. word55 profile image83
    word55posted 2 years ago

Make it happen. There are plenty of places in downtown Chicago perhaps an evening Saturday night meeting where there's jazz. Anybody interested?

9. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I am in a northern suburb of Chicago and would try to make a meet if it was in that area.

1. word55 profile image83
      word55posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I live on south side of Chi. I think as Chicago hubbers we need to communicate by email/cell phones in order to try and organize a meeting so lets compile a list of names, township (vicinity around Chicagoland) and email so that we can organize this. You can contact me initially by fan mail and I'll start briefing from there. If someone wants to coordinate a meeting then we'll find out who. I wouldn't mind but we should vote on place (downtown Chi) date, time and whatever -smile