Broken Links Frustrating

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Can someone please guide me? I have been trying to clean up broken links, republishing some of my articles, fixing broken video links, unlinking links to websites and photos where the link has broken.

I am starting to never link unless I have control of the article or if it is in the link section simply for buying resource and then I will not give a web page - simply the main website.

I have fixed literally dozens of links. Can someone please guide me when links help, when they hinder and how important is it to fix the broken link?

I want the presentation to my readers to be pristine. I simply do not understand why one day a link works, then it works for months, then it is broken. The only links I understand are the video links-those clearly say why the video is no longer available.

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I think there should some sort of appreciation reward for linking to related sites lol but I try to stick to 'authority' sites for links to act more as 'supporting facts' rather than just sending our audience away hmm I've had a few broken links also and yes, usually a YT video tongue but is best to keep an eye on your site over all smile

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Static webpages, news media sites, sites owned by large companies or university etc, these are less likely to change.