jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Newbie would like feedback 'Mysterious success of our fish pond'

1. Allison Roberts profile image61
    Allison Robertsposted 5 years ago

First Hub published, first time ever published!..besides church council minutes!
    I know it is rough and I tweak every couple days. I'm learning as I go on how and what for dividing into capsules.
    Should I just shoot out as many hubs as I can think of and fine tune later or just concentrate on one at a time?
    any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I thought it was a nice hub, well written, interesting (to me) subject, lovely photos.

My preference would be to spread the photos more among the text to have more of a text and photo feel, rather than text then photos if you see what I mean.

But that is only one, probably wrong opinion.  It is not intended as a criticism, your page is pretty much fine as it is.

Although we can give feedback, I find the best way is to look at those Hot hubs, the popular ones, and promoted or highlighted Hubs and see what makes them good in the audience opinion.

Different people do different good things - it's a learning curve.

1. Allison Roberts profile image61
      Allison Robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Mark for your feedback!
      The photos and text layout is something I was just trying to figure out. How to move photos without completely 'copy cut and paste' -ing multiple times.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah I know the answer to this.

Edit your Hub.
        To the right, under all the capsule options, is a tab that says reorder.  Make sure it is clicked.
        Under that are all your text and photo capsules.
        Grab one and drag it to a new position.
        Play with the arrows on a photo capsule to move it to the right, alongside text.

working