jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Misspelled word in URL. Do I need to unpublish and republish?

1. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

New problem and I don't see any other way. It won't index correctly, right?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

URLs on published Hubs are set and cannot be edited.  So, either you can leave it as is, or you have to delete it and create a new Hub with the new URL.

brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I fixed it before publication, but I know it doesn't matter, right?

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Although it's helpful to have keywords in the URL, it's not the end of the world. Keywords in the title are just as useful and titles CAN be changed later. Anyway, you solved your dilemma since you didn't publish yet, so it's a mute point now. Just wanted to add that info, which I think you knew already anyway, but newbies reading this might have been wondering about.

brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I fixed it before publication, but my keyword is still misspelled. It is now published with the misspelled word. I left the l out of relationship.It won't get any traffic, so I need to do it over. I guess it is a good learning experience. I can spell better than I can type.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You never know. Sometimes these kind of mistakes can actually help you. If leaving the L out of relationship is a common misspelling, then when people search for "reationship" they might find your hub. You've got it spelled right in the title and that helps. I think Google puts about the same weight (more or less) on the title as they do with the URL.

working