jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Can you tell me if this 'hubpages' email for real -

1. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I found this in my email this morning, I have an odd feeling that it might not be legit. The reply address does not look right to me (I changesd it to prevent it being a link).

Also why would Jason send it in his name and it refers to top hubbers quote -

"2uesday - could you take our 1-question survey of top Hubbers?"

- which I know and I think he would know I am not. what is a  1 question survey? You can see why I am suspicious and will not respond until I have other people's opinion on it.  Is someone trying to get my email response or is it for real?  It maybe that lots of us got this and if it is not legit then mentioning here is good at the worst I will look foolish (not for the first time) roll

Here is the email -

Hi there, 2uesday,

We'd love to get feedback from Hubbers who have had some success publishing Hubs on HubPages. Would you mind taking a moment or two to help us out by answering our simple, one-question survey? Your feedback would be very valuable to us:
    htp://bit.ly/hubbersurvey

Thank you so much!

Jason Menayan
    HubPages

Thanks for reading this and any advice on it will be appreciated.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I got it - didn't even think about it as being a spoof - I clicked the link and was taken to a one question survey - LOL and what a question - you essentially are filling out a Google Doc - which I have seen Hubpages use before - the only information you give is your Hubpages username - no other info....

2. 2uesday profile image89

Thank you SimeyC,  I guess I win today's prize for being over cautious.  smile

3. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

It's legitimate although based on the people who did and didn't get the email, the choices for "top hubber" seems to be based on questionable criteria.

Ouch!

4. 2uesday profile image89

How do we know who did and did not get the email?

- As I am curious about how I got included, I am not a 'front of house' Hubber and on some days my traffic would make some of the 'high flyers' weep.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am aware of some hubbers who are top earners and have been here a long time who didn't get the email, while others who may be well known but are not high earners or have many hubs did get the email.

The only way to know who did or did not get the email depends on who wants to reveal that information.

Tell them to check their 'spam' mail - the mail may have been automatically filtered...

2. WriteAngled profile image93
        WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know someone who left the site some while ago has received the email too.

5. 2uesday profile image89

Thanks QuestionMaster I thought there might have been another forum post on this one that I had missed. Not sure why I got it really.

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

The email is legit.

7. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I got the email - at first I thought it was an attempt at phishing so I ignored it but now I realise it's legit, I've answered it!

1. 2uesday profile image89
      2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank goodness that means smile I was not the only one to think twice about it.

8. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I didn't get it, but saw it posted on Facebook.

9. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I received it also and responded.

I know WryLilt also received it and responded. She posted her response as a picture on Facebook. smile

working