jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is anyone preparing for the January Traffic loss already?

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Last year I witnessed my first major drop in Adsense earnings in January, Obviously Panda killed a lot of earnings for people. In December last year I had high hopes because my earnings kept rising and I was getting a a few hundred bucks, but January is apparently a bad time where advertisers don't pay after Christmas.

However, my earnings returned after the sub doamin switch and I'm back to Prepanda..however, I still want to brace for impact in January.

I'm currently concentrating on some private domains like Waynet..but I haven't got as many domains as him, I have bought dozens since I started this stuff though.

I'm just interested to know what other earners will be doing?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I hadn't thought about it. But I will now. smile smile smile

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I've been a bit vacant from Hubpages sad due to my web design work but I will publish a hub within the next few days!

missed you guys!

4. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

I guess it does not matter to me. It is just something that happens. The internet is not my main job.

1. Richieb799 profile image65
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Adsense isn't my main job, the internet is though lol

5. SuperheroSales profile image60
    SuperheroSalesposted 5 years ago

I wonder if there is somewhere to go to find out what kind of advertisements are going out in January and create a few Hubs to cater to that niche in order to "weather the storm."

6. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I had a slight loss after Christmas, but January and February were still big earners for me.

It wasn't till the panda slap in the last week of February that I saw a huge loss in traffic and earnings.

Like everything, it depends on what topics you write about.