jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How to insert my HTML Affiliate link to the main text

1. greatstuff profile image93
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I just joined 3days ago and in the mist of writing my first hub. I tried to insert the HTML code (for my amazon affiliate link)in my main text but it does not work. I have to confess that I have not read all the articles and resources available and looking for a quick answer by posting this question on this forum. Pls. bear with me.

Thanks

1. manthy profile image79
      manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is easy , click the edit hub button and add a amazon block to your hub.
      Then click edit on the amazon block and insert the link.
      I hoe this helps

1. manthy profile image79
        manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You want the link in the writing just click on the chain and insert the link.

2. vexez profile image72
      vexezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

On a text capsule

Highlight the word/phrase you want to make your anchor link.

Click on the Chain icon to insert your link.

greatstuffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi manthy & vexez
        I tried as suggested but what came out is this: #mce_temp_url#  I tried with a few other links and got the same results. Any reason why? Thnks

1. vexez profile image72
          vexezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm what browser are you using?
          I'm not sure what exactly is the problem on your side.
          What I can think of now is to suggest you to try on a different browser.

Internet Explorer / Google Chrome / Firefox / Safari

Do get their latest version update to make sure your browser runs properly.

2. Rik Ravado profile image90
    Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago

I think there is some misunderstanding here.  First you can't insert HTML code into a text capsule.  You can add a URL as a link however.  If you want to use Amazon then it is done via an Amazon capsule not HTML.  This is all covered in 'help' - menu bar, top right

greatstuffposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Rik
      Thanks for the clarification, I guess maybe thats why it wasnt working.

3. greatstuff profile image93
    greatstuffposted 5 years ago

Hi again manthy/vexez: Sorry I didn't follow your instruction properly (I need to highlight the text and then click on the chain icon)..did this and when I test by clicking on the highlighted text, it brought me back to my hubpage and not to the external link...what is my mistake here?

working