jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

My efforts on HubPages are not paying off

1. BethanRose profile image88
    BethanRoseposted 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get a little advice. Basically I've been writing frequently on HubPages for 10 months and have produced over 50 hubs with high quality information, links, relevant Amazon and Ebay ads and plenty of images. I have tried promoting each hub I complete through Twitter, Reddit, RedGage and Google url submitter.
    However, I seem to only really get traffic from the HubPages community itself. The money I earn on HubPages monthly is not really progressing at all, in fact I feel that I may have to give up my hard work on here and concentrate on other profitable endeavours because HubPages is not working for me.
    Are there any suggestions as to how I can boost my hub views and earnings? I love writing on here and I'd really like to stay on here and earn at the same time. Any comments will be kindly appreciated. :-)

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bethan I had a look at your subdomain site under Google cache and it hasn't been visited by the bots since early September.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … mp;ct=clnk

This is a strong indication that your site has been slapped. Welcome to the club smile

I had a look at a couple of your hubs and they are of excellent quality so you just need to hang tight, and wait it out.

You have done basic hub promotion and that should be enough.

There are certainly ways to get other traffic, but you really want Google traffic and when Google loves you again, you will no doubt see traffic and earnings rise.

2. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Bethan:

It sounds like you are doing everything right so far, in terms of writing high quality niche articles. Also backlinking helps to get traffic from other sources than hubpages, which I'm surprised your not getting more views from Google folks. I have read comments from other hubbers with similar issues in the forums and it seems like it takes anywhere from between 12 mos. to 15 to start generating revenue from your hard work. I assume you had signed up for the Hubpages AD program. Some of us make more through this source than we do google. In your case, the AD program may work better for you. Most of us are here because we love to write and share our experiences and are not in it for the money. However hang in there do not give up the ship yet, all good things will flow your way if you have a bit more patience. Other hubbers who have been here longer than you or me, may answer your question soon with better tips. However hoped I have given you some constructive feedback. Take care and good luck with your writing.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Here are a few things to ask yourself:

1) How is your take on the subjects you are writing about unique from all the other pages on the internet on the same topics?
    2) Are you offering the reader something that is genuinely useful for something they are trying to do?

There's a survey up on one of my Hubs about earning here and you can see how you are doing compared to other site users, as well as get some advice on boosting earnings.

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/Improve … b-Earnings

Many accounts that are about two years old or less seem to have been hit harder by the Panda algorithm changes this past year.

1. jamaicavillas profile image61
      jamaicavillasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hiya, this may be of use to you http://weblogs.com/home.html

3. BethanRose profile image88
    BethanRoseposted 5 years ago

Thankyou all so much for your helpful advice and insights on why I'm not seeing great levels of traffic as of yet. I will take on board the feedback and keep working. I love writing hubs so much that I think I'd keep writing them even if I didn't earn any money. However, it would be lovely to see some rewards so that I know I'm doing something right. Many thanks to you all.

Bethan Rose

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Just keep it up. It's not the best time that HP has ever seen in regards to earnings, but just keep it up.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

There is nothing wrong with trying a few different sites to see where you do best, and spread the risk.  Even when it is going well you never know when Google will pull the rug out.