jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I've discovered a new writing site

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You should check out Broowaha, a citizen journalist website. They accept non-fiction articles, poetry and prose. You can add two ads to each of your articles, a banner ad and a 300x250 ad.

http://www.broowaha.com

I have just published my first article and I probably will be writing more there.

1. jfay2011 profile image61
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting.  I've never heard of it.  Thanks.  I like to write poetry sometimes too.  I discovered wordpress.  That's neat.   I also like to write novels and create artwork and paperdolls.

2. TerryGl profile image61
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago
    1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Selling for (but unsold) for $4,600 yet it produces $42 a month - profit,

Am I reading that correctly Terry?

1. TerryGl profile image61
        TerryGlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes totally.

There were 7 bids to 4,600 and the owner did not sell it. Must have been a high reserve or he thought it was worth more.

The good thing about the flippa listing is you can see the mindset of the webmaster in the background of the site as well as checking out the due diligence section. It is quite insightful.

Also, when listed it was PR5 and now PR0.

These sites do have potential and UW made a great op.

3. Garry Crystal profile image59
    Garry Crystalposted 5 years ago

Anyone wanting to know the full story on why Broowaha doesn't sell should read the full story on Broowaha, the article is titled Blogcatalog Owners Silencing Writers with Threats of Lawsuits. The part about continually listing Broowaha can be found at the bottom of the article. Thanks

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is interesting.

http://garrycrystal.blogspot.com/2011/1 … iters.html

I have to say I haven't been back much since I posted this. I don't think I'll be writing there too much, if at all.

1. Garry Crystal profile image59
        Garry Crystalposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey thanks. You could always try and buy Broowaha. The owners relist the site on Flippa at least once every two months.

4. imkd profile image60
    imkdposted 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing. I would definitely try this website and post article on Broowaha.

working