jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

updating hubs

1. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

hi,
    when updating my hubs with new info , do I have to send out a message to followers or is there a way that they will know about the updatesince I believe many would like to be aware of the updates done.
    Can this be clarified please?
    thanks.

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hubs can, and should, be updated as required. Did you discover a typographical error, or did one of your readers point out a factual mistake? Each hub should be as good as you can make it, which sometimes involves updating and/or revision.

rajan jollyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Chasuk. But am wondering if frequent editing for adding matter or tweaking the hub for that matter would lower the hubscore?
        What's your take on this?

1. profile image0
          Chasukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Revising a hub doesn't lower your HubScore.

As far as revising it frequently, I'd say that it wasn't ready to be submitted if it needs more than occasional and minor revision.

Thanks for the input Chasuk. Infact  one of my hubs was stagnating at 66-67 hubscore. Just  adding 2 links with the links capsule raised the hub score by 5-6 points. I can't attribute this to any thing else as the hub score was hovering around the 66-67 points mark since atleast 2 weeks.
            Am I right in my deduction ?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hubs really shouldn't be updated, per se. Each hub should be a completed work. If you want to write additional hubs on the same topic? Or to expand on a view point from one of your hubs, then your followers will be notified when you publish the new hub.

thanks for the reply casgil, point noted.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nonsense.  Updating a hub keeps it relevant to the search engines and readers.

Point noted relache. thanks

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Cags is right, though it is good to edit your hubs, it may not be a great idea to add a whole lot of new information into it as to expand it. Write it as another hub linking it to your previous hub.
    But if you need to add more information for any particular reason, then you can share your hub with your followers by clicking on share below your hubs.

Thanks a lot sofs

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome, I am just glad to be of help.

4. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

I frequently update hubs in response to comments, emails, search history, boredom etc.. I seem to recall that a webpage that changes is likely to be better thought of by the great google than one that just sits unchanged for many years.

1. Dolores Monet profile image92
      Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I update hubs every once in a while. It's amazing how you can find even minor mistakes that can discredit you - typos, word usage (sometimes another word or phrase just reads better), redesign - sometimes I just don't see certain things when I first write it. Sometimes, I've found or taken a better photograph, or find and use my own instead of one from another source.

Thanks for the info LeanMan and Dolores.

2. rajan jolly profile image90

Thanks for the info LeanMan and Dolores.

working