jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Difficulty opening hubpages

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

I have a new internet connection which is not as fast as it should be, but despite the speed i can open most other website's pages...
    However I am having many problems opening any hubpage, be it my profile, account or hubs etc.. I keep getting server unavailable, or can't find the page and other messages and search pages coming up etc.. BUT it never happens with any other site.. just spent 3 hours going through other sites such as amazon and some of my sites etc.. and they always open even if slow!! but hubpages i can click maybe 10 times before i get lucky and it opens..

Is it my speed (the modem says it is downloading between 10 and 50kbs)?? but if it is why does every other site load ok?

Is it hubpages? are others having problems??

Is it just me??

2. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

No probs here and I have a slow connection.

Wish I could help, sorry.

3. LeanMan profile image81

Thanks Izzy, my problem appears to have gone away.. I cleared caches and other things and now all seems to be working - and my connection speed has improved also due to work by their engineer..

I just hope it stays away.. just seemed strange that the problem was with hubpages only no other sites...

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I am opening fine. It is probably your connection. Which web browser are you using? I use Google Chrome and it is quick. When I use IE8 it is slow.

5. LeanMan profile image81

I spoke too soon..... just took me 6 attempts to get back here...

I have tried using firefox, Chrome and IE AE all with the same problems... but I don't see why I only have the problem with Hubpages... I can open other pages on different sites with 100% success but with HP I can spend 10 mins getting error messages before I manage to open any page!!!

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Could be an issue on your local server? Maybe HP is on their list of dodgy sites or something.
      Out of all the browsers, I would say Chrome is your fastest.
      Not much help if the problem lies with your connection company. Def complain to them.
      Nice to see you back, by the way smile