jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Fixing broken links...I fix it and yet , I stll get the same message

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image86
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

Hello again, another problem I am getting is that I will be notified of a broken link and then I will fix it and yet the account does not recognise that it has been fixed.What can I do to change this?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I assume you have double checked by leaving edit mode and clicking the link?

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image86

Yes I did do that...this is  anew problem for when I get a broken link in the pass and fix it, I would no longer have a problem. However, in the past couple of weeks my account does not change the broken link icon like in the past.

4. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 5 years ago

That is strange.  It is still working correctly for me.  Hope you get it resolved soon.  Must be frustrating!

5. Highvoltagewriter profile image86

overall it is not a big deal, I was just curious if there was something I was doing, you know, "operator error"?

1. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Highvoltagewriter,

This page will show you the list of broken links that our system has detected:
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

From what I can see, the links that are marked as "broken" on your account are really broken. Most of your links are to hubs, which are now either unpublished or removed.

I hope this helps.

Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

However, that is not the problem, I keep correcting the links (chose other hubs to link to) and for some reason the changes do not take! It did not do it up up until about a week a go.

Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I resolved the problem by going into to edit and "breaking" the link with the hub-tool. This was different method than what I did before, just choosing another hub to link to. Thank you for the feedback!

working