jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Copying to My Own Website

1. frogpatch profile image81
    frogpatchposted 5 years ago

I would like to put a couple of the articles from hubpages on my own content writing website as examples of different subject matter. I do not want to link to hubpages because I do not want a connection between my hubpages name and my website for security reasons. Is their a way to veil the pages on the site from the search engines to avoid duplicate content issues? Also what happens if another site wants to publish something from my website? Isn't that duplication?

2. 0
    msivakumarposted 5 years ago

Repeating the same content verbatim or having an extract will be treated as duplication. Better to have a summary of the article and link to the original article in Hubpages (after handling your security concerns)

frogpatchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The problem is that my articles on hubpages and my same screen name on a forum have gotten me threats from collection agents like "your goin, down froggy"  "when I find you you will be frogs legs, broken"  I really do not want these people knowing where I live or harrasing me on my website. I will probably have to unpublish those articles. I thought I could possibly post them as Adobe Jpegs and the text will not be picked up. Thanks for your reply

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you want to post them on your website I would suggest deleting them here first.

I am afraid I will have to do that. I need to SEO them anyway. The traffic fell off since I stopped linking them on forums, Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know this is two days old and you have probably done what you were going to by now, but before you delete, I would check those hubs carefully to see if they have been plagiarised anywhere on the net.
        You can do this by taking samples of the text and searching for them in Google or any search engine.
        Point is, if you unpublish from here without checking, and then re-publish on your own website, if someone has in fact already copied your article, then they will rank higher in the search engines than yours, which will look like a copy.
        This will look really bad to potential clients who no doubt use Copyscape or some professional software to look for copied content.

4. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

As an alternative, consider writing a leading story with a continuation to your full article here on HubPages. As long as the content is original, you will now have two sites for the SEO to find - much stronger in Google's eyes.

Thanks IzzyM for the great advice. I will definitely check first. I imagine that happens often. I wrote an article for a business and someone put his own name on it and misspelled the title. On the same site he had another articlle written is broken English.
      GmaGoldie. Thanks but I can't connect my site in any way to Hubpages because I need to keep my address and phone private from certain readers here.