Problems importing from Flickr

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 5 years ago

I haven’t used Flickr often, but every time I have when I try to import a file I get this message: Unrecognized file type. It is possible that the site is blocking our request for the image. You could save the file to your computer and upload it directly.

The files have all been Creative Commons. I have tried grabbing the link and grabbing the HTML, but although with the latter I did the photo to load, it came in twice and I couldn’t get that to change no matter how many times I deleted the photo capsule and tried again - and the warning message still appeared, even with the photos.
    I eventually emailed the photos to myself and uploaded them, but that takes quite a lot of time.

I’ll be very grateful to anyone who can shed some light on this.

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have run into this too. I download to my PC and then upload to the capsule. I then am very careful to attribute the author of the work with 1) Flickr as the source, placing the hyperlink to the author's work, not Flickr home page, and then I write something in description like "the work of 'what ever their Flickr name is"

I hope this helps you with the dilemma

1. Melovy profile image96
        Melovyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank tsmog, glad to hear I’m not the only one have the same thing happen. I’ve been doing pretty much the same as you suggested, except I put the photographer’s name as source, rather than Flickr.