jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)

google chrome is killing hubpages

1. MSantana profile image78
    MSantanaposted 5 years ago

Does anyone has this problem? I try to post two articles and in both cases google chrome will kill hubpages. I needed to try more than 10 times just to get it to post a photograph from my computer. I am wondering if anyone knows why this happens with hubpages.

1. iamalegend profile image73
      iamalegendposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it happens to me before. I reported it here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/82500#post1771792
      I changed the os to win 7. But i'm still getting errors and problems while uploading pics to hub from my computer.

2. Deni Edwards profile image89
      Deni Edwardsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't use Google Chrome when creating hubs.  There are a number of problems--not just with uploading pictures.  You might want to check on your sentences--there are no spaces between periods, either.

1. MSantana profile image78
        MSantanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am revising thanks for letting me know. This morning I found a couple of things where misplaced in the hub, like a comma in front of a sentence. Perhaps it is best to avoid chrome for the hubs...since I already have the ESL factor. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

2. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I have long abandoned Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Mozilla is my first choice. Hope this helps.

3. MSantana profile image78

Thank you.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I use Chrome and don't have any problems.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
      Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

me too

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too, but it does make me download something to load the pics.

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I also use Chrome with no problems, but you are not the only one finding issues with HP recently - see http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/84589

Dunno if its a server issue or what.

6. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Sorry, Google, but I tried Chrome for awhile, but went back my old faithful Mozilla.  As for IE, left it behind and never looked back a decade ago when the first incarnation of Mozilla came out. ;D

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here.

1. JamaGenee profile image86
        JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

cool cool cool

Well this delightful computer geek told me Mozilla is run by Goggle anyway ,which I wondered about because even though I hadnt used G.C for some months SpyBot always found tracking cookies (from Goggle Chrome) Hmmm...

..Maybe I just like the Fox lol lol

Google took over Mozilla?  Think your friend is wrong, otherwise Google would've had no reason to develop Chrome.

Wasnt a friend ,and you could be right Jama.
              I had a problem with my browser(navigator bar had changed) so I asked the question on 'Yahoo Answers'

Her answer went like this:

mozilla firefox the homepage is ran by google so,Its pretty much the same as google
              I would just go to google and click set as homepage.

I didnt actually do what she suggested ,as I chose a different answer,but I do find some of the PC geeks helpful at times smile

7. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I don't have any problems with Chrome, I am using it right now. smile

8. iQwest profile image71
    iQwestposted 5 years ago

I'm currently using Chrome and have been fortunate that I'm not running into the same issue.  For work purposes, I typically have all three browsers open and I find that IE and Firefox are painfully slow compared to Chrome.

I think Chrome's speed depends on the machine it's running on.

Why are you using three browsers simultaneously, btw?

1. iQwest profile image71
        iQwestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For various Google online accounts (primarily different email accounts, Adsense, Analytics, etc.). If I login to one account, I get bounced out of the session of my other account (with a different user name / login address) within the same browser even if I open up another like browser tab or window. It never used to be this way, but it changed with a Chrome update.

With that said, I stumbled across working around this issue by having different browser windows open (ie: Chrome, Firefox, and IE).

Sounds rather clunky to me. cool

1. iQwest profile image71
            iQwestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's definitely a pain and was much nicer when I could login to whichever account I wanted to by simply opening another tab.

Oh well, in the scheme of things, it's a minor inconvenience!

9. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Since I switched over to chrome I have had no issues at all.. Maybe your need to clear your cookies and history sometimes... I find Chrome works well with all the sites I write on... no issues at all.

10. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I've not had problems with Chrome specifically on HP. However I do have endless grief with Shockwave crashing and pages just becoming "dead". Also, although Roboform supposedly now works with Chrome, I am unable to use it.

Trouble is, I feel stuck with Chrome. I went over to it because Firefox became immensely bloated at one point and slowed everything on my machine to a crawl, and IE was bloated from the start.

I do bitterly regret having opted for Chrome though. Don't know if Firefox is better now. However, I have never managed to transfer bookmarks properly between different browsers, and cannot face the idea of starting from scratch again.

In terms of speed, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad SL500. I don't know if it is fast or not. I am plagued with slow connections, computer disk churning away endlessly, etc, etc. This happens on every machine, despite the fact that each time I buy the most powerful laptop I can afford.

1. Xenonlit profile image59
      Xenonlitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use Google Chrome and had the problem yesterday. Just after I clicked on the photo upload button, the whole screen went dark and I had to clear out and start again. Fortunately, the article was saved and I did not have to rewrite the whole thing.

As with Writeangeled, Firefox proved to be a big mess that just will not work.

it's just too much flash going on that is not compatible with older systems.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I too get frequent shockwave crashes. I assumed it was a conflict with windows 7 as I never had this issue with Windows Vista, but maybe it is Chrome that is at fault.

11. MSantana profile image78

Thank you folks. I didn't expected that many replies. You make good points against and in favor of chrome. I do like it and I like Mozilla as well. Thank you thank, you!

12. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I switched back to Firefox ,even though it is slower. Chrome has been giving me problems for a week now with double forum posts, freezing up on pages and waiting forever for a webpage to open. I thought I has a virus and ran all the tests.
    I guess others are also seeing some issues with it.

working