jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Spell check on summary

1. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

We are all writing custom summaries now I hope, but is it possible to put a spell check feature there?

I am seeing quite a few hubs, even from prominent hubbers, with glaring typos in the summary.

This is the worst place to have a typo or spelling error as this is the part of the hub that the search engines pick up.

I'm sure my own have too, because the summary box is so small, even using Chrome that has a built-in checker sometimes means missing errors.

It's not as if we see our own summary that often, as even opening a hub to approve comments doesn't immediately show the summary.

Either that, or somehow make the summary box bigger.

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I think a new spell checker is needed full stop. How can a spell checker that loses a whole country be thought of as reliable?

That country being New Zealand.

There are dozens of simple corrections that leave it baffled.

What does it suggest for Opertunity? Unfortunaty nothing right.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some people might think that a good thing!   <joke - sorry Kiwis!>

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

I have added it to the queue for our engineers. Thanks for the suggestion, Izzy!  big_smile

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Yeah dont go changing your summaries later on either, because if they are ranking and you remove the keyword they drop!

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Richie, yeah that makes sense. Most people surely wouldn't take their main keyword out of their summary though, would they?

@Robin, great, thanks!

Now can you ask engineering if they can get me out of the sandbox, pretty please?