HPads report still pending from yesterday:

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (74 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Is it just mine??

1. skear profile image93
      skearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope, mine is also pending.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good. Thanks!

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Me too.

I anticipate a higher CPM. I've noticed before these delays often occur when the CPM rises a little above its usual dismal level.

I reckon someone somewhere is saying, "Noooo, do we really have to pay them that, please check it's not so!"

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it's that little leprechaun at the end of the rainbow, yanking on HP's pant leg as they drag that pot of gold up and over to dump in your account.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nah - it's more like, 'we promised them higher amounts, but look what happened -you tell em, no you tell em - I'm not telling em!'

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I was right!!!

CPM crept up 35%, for me at least.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So was I  - impressions 0, earnings 0, cpm 0 - I'm hoping it's simply updating and hasn't got to me yet - otherwise I really am in trouble!!!

1. rmr profile image67
        rmrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine just updated to all 0's, too. I know that's wrong, because I'm in the middle of another traffic surge right now.

2. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I thought it must be, too. But mine is still the dismal 3.00 something. When HP Ads first started, my CPM was around 7-8 dollars~!

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Same here 0-0-0. I know that's not right!

5. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Mine's updated now, but there's still that irritating little asterisk (lol) next to the number.  Still, it's getting better and better.

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I'm having the same problem today.

1. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too, and I'm not so patient this time!  But if what WriteAngled said comes true this time, then I guess I will be happy for the wait.  IF!!!

7. mymagicview profile image63
    mymagicviewposted 12 years ago

My earnings are not refreshed from yesterday. That means, I am not able to see the earnings of last two days. I hope HP is working over it!

8. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

I posted the same thread yesterday. I'm stuck with what I saw two days ago. I hope they can update it soon.

9. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Phew! Thought it was just me! I was just going to report this myself, and then noticed this! I can go out now without having palpitations! perhaps its because we have all earned so much over the last couple of days that Hubpages have gone into a swoon and need lots smelling salts under their noses!

10. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Same here - I have the same $ figure from two days ago. The money amount ends in 666, so I thought perhaps the devil did it! smile

1. habee profile image93

Scary!!

11. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years ago

One day was bad enough...NOW going on 2 DAYS and I'm starting to get a little ANXIOUS!  This is the one thing I don't like about HP Ads..takes forever to see what you've made...adsense is practically realtime.  It's very hard on my obsessive compulsive personality! smile

12. Mark Ewbie profile image80
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I never thought I would get agitated about a potential fifty cents.

Hell, I'm not even American.

Where's my money?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But it's YOUR fifty cents.

I prefer to look at it this way.  Earnings are not posting because they have been so humonguous that they have overflowed the 64 bit registers that hold them.  We are all going to be bazillionaires!

Yeah, I know, probably not..

1. Pcunix profile image92

Imagine Paul Edmondson on the phone - "You are sending us HOW much???" as dozens of armored cars pull up to the door..

1. Mark Ewbie profile image80
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me.

Nice to see you around too.

Sssh.  Nobody is supposed to know..

1. Mark Ewbie profile image80
              Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mums the word.  Keep it under your hat.

2. wilderness profile image94

But they do.

Good to see you back around, PC - I miss your posts.

I spend my time being nasty on Gplus now.. at least there I can block and ignore people.

All done here, take care.

3. ktrapp profile image93
      ktrappposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha. That's the laugh I needed today. Funny comment. Thanks

13. ktrapp profile image93
    ktrappposted 12 years ago

I'm just curious to see how I've done the past 2 days, as well. I've set a monthly goal for myself so I watch my daily average to see if I'm on track.

14. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years ago

It's the first thing I do when I get up..check my HP Earnings.

15. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Looks like Oct 12 updated - and wow!

Wow indeed!  I can forgive them for the wait. smile

Or maybe not.  Now I've seeing no impressions for yesterday and no earnings.  No * either.  Hope it's an error of some kind.

2. skear profile image93
      skearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, my CPM jumped significantly!  I'm not sure if that number is sustainable but I hope so.

16. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

i got a message saying there is something very wrong with our server . yesterday

17. ktrapp profile image93
    ktrappposted 12 years ago

I now have earnings posted for the 12th and 13th and my CPM more than doubled.

18. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

My HP ads stats from yesterday (Thurs Oct 13th) have come in. They're showing as $x.xx for 350 impressions.

Given that my views for yesterday were not far off 1,000, something is a bit wrong here - 60% of 1,000 is definitely a lot more than 350!

19. Aficionada profile image79

EmpressFelicity, you may be absolutely right.  However, it's not actually a percentage of the impressions that we get, is it?  Unless something has changed (and it may well have), what we get is all of the impressions during the 60% of the time that our code is showing; HP gets all of the impressions during the 40% of the time that their code is showing.  I know that I have read that somewhere.  Unfortunately, if their code is showing during high traffic times, that means fewer impressions for us.  But I'm pretty sure that I have also read that they rotate the times when the various codes are showing, so that over time it should be fair to everyone.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is, they must have shown my code solidly for the entire time when the US and Canada are asleep in bed. I would have thought that they'd chop it around a bit more so that it's more equal - say, my code shows for half an hour, then theirs, then mine... I mean, I can understand a slight swing from day to day, but not a complete reversal so that HP gets 60% of the impressions and I get 40%. Which, unless my stats are a shortly-to-be-corrected glitch, is what was happening yesterday.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We share impressions the exact same way at all times of day and night. There is no day-parting or cherry-picking of impressions.

If the number of impressions is not showing up correctly, then please share what you're seeing here in this forum, or, if you prefer to deal with it privately, email payments@.

Jason, does that mean that what I was sure I had read about 40% and 60% of time is incorrect?  I don't want to mislead anyone, and I definitely want to get the matter straightened out, if I am doing so.

Basically what wilderness states above in the first 2 paragraphs is correct. We actually use an algorithm that determines if an impression belongs to the author or us. 60% of the time - randomly chosen - it goes to the author, and 40% of the time to us.

With a small number of impressions, it could be 59%/41%, but that's just as likely as 61%/39% to happen. With the law of large numbers, the share approaches 60/40.

Actually, this statement is an example of what I meant.  This says, 60% of the time the impression goes to the author.  I still don't know whether you are saying that it is based on the number of impressions or on the clock.  But the statement in the Learning Center said very clearly that it is 60% of the total impressions, so I'll go with that.

Sorry about the ambiguity around the term "time" - I meant it in terms of probability, not clock time. As in, "When you roll a die, 1/6 of the time it will roll a 4."

Thanks, Jason!  It may well be that it was a similar use of words all those months ago that triggered my original misunderstanding.  I really don't know where it was that I read it, but I'm glad to finally get it straightened out.

Jason, are those stats in our earnings section showing just impressions for HPads now (I assume they used to) or are views with nothing but google ads also counted as an impression?

Specifically, I'm referring to the new layout where HP will also be paying for some google impressions and clicks.

That includes all ad impressions served through the Ad Program, including Google AdSense if it's served through the Ad Program.

2. profile image0

Sure. Number of my impressions that counted towards my HP ad earnings for 13th Oct:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5628657_f248.jpg

And number of views I got as calculated by Google Analytics:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5628659_f248.jpg

EF: I noticed a similar discrepancy as you in my account. So I asked Jason (the other one) and he said the impressions/revenue figures are not correct, which is why the number is not yet certified (that's why it has an asterisk next to it in the line items).

They are re-running it to correct this.

1. profile image0

OK, cheers.

Hmm.  Let's see now.  impressions/revenue figures are wrong, but CPM must be right as Jason didn't say anything about that one. 

That means that I'm short about half the impressions, which will require a doubling of income to maintain the same CPM.  Sounds good to me! lol

(If only the world worked that way!)

Yeah, I hope so - the CPM figure looks pretty good to me. smile

But I actually have no insight about what the actual figures are going to be. We'll see after the rerunning of the data rollup ends up being.

2. Aficionada profile image79

Yeah, I know.  sad  -  What I meant by saying "over time" was like over weeks or months, not over the course of one day.  But even so, it would be terrible if their 40% of the time turned out to be during the highest traffic times, when traffic finally has picked up!  I'm guessing that in a purely random situation that actually would happen sometimes - but even so!  (Thumbs down, thumbs DOWN.)

I truly hope that your stats are a glitch of some kind, but I don't know of a way to check.

Each visitor is assigned according to an algorithm that basically assigns it randomly.  There is no time factor involved.

This can give rise to larger or small percentages when the # of views is small but gives a very equal average over time and large numbers of views.

I have to wonder if the lower impressions are due to the changing layout and additional adsense click type ads - this will result in a high cpm for few views if HP still reports impressions for HPads alone.

20. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Well my results came in, with the higher CPM that others have mentioned. But unfortunately as my traffic has just completely ground to a halt today the timing could not have been worse if this is a sign of things to come.

I mean how unlucky can you get? Maybe for a week or so HP has a record high CPM and my traffic goes walkabout.

All this time in the plunge I was getting some traffic but no earnings.
    Now I'm going to get neither.

We need a forum-post smiley (frowney?) for a raspberry. Phthphthphthphth!!!!!!

1. Isabel Melville profile image78
        Isabel Melvilleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Heheheh! I hate you too! lol

1. Isabel Melville profile image78
          Isabel Melvilleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am confusing myself now. Thought I was on main name, sorry.

I got it.  lol  lol

2. Aficionada profile image79

Whoa (or woe??) - lol  lol  lol  The raspberry was for the bad forecast in your (erm, in IzzyM's) last statement.

Okay, I'll play along. big_smile I hate you too.  PhthPhthPhthPhthPhth!! So there!

21. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Mine were updated about 1/2 hour ago. wink

22. Aficionada profile image79

I have been spending the last bit of time trying to track down where I had read that about 60% vs. 40% time.  I haven't found it yet, but I did find in the learning center the statement that HP gives the author "60% of total impressions from your Hubs," which is very clearly what Empress Felicity said at first.

My misinformation may have come from some throwaway comment in a forum - something that was not worded very precisely; but it is a mistake that I picked up very early-on in my time here at HP.  I have shared that (mis)understanding in forums before now, and I don't recall any correction to my statement.  If there was one, I missed it.

I'm so sorry that I misinformed people.  I hope whoever has read my previous post(s) will come back and read Jason's and wilderness's posts!

23. JEDIJESSICUH profile image75
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 12 years ago

My CPM seemed to triple since two days ago. However, my impressions are low and it saddens me. I could have made some good money yesterday. Tsk, tsk.

24. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

Update: OK, so my impressions figures for Thursday 13th Oct have been adjusted to the proper level which is great, but what I'm curious to know is why my CPM for that day has gone down by around $1.80!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine went down $3!! I still ended up 50 cents better off because of the increased impressions, but still....!

25. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Mine went up over the last 3 days

1. habee profile image93

Mine, too.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine went up too from $6 -$600

Just kidding lol

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish lol

26. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

Seriously, what is happening. HPads went back up then it's not updating again. In the meantime, my average daily earnings increased. I hope they will not reverse those amounts smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea ,mine moved yesterday (afternoon-I think) but hasnt again ,yet

Mine just moved smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)