jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How Does eBay Work

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

Ok, I don't want to sound stupid asking this but I am a little puzzled.  Now the eBay program is up and working I want to get an understanding of how it works before I start using it. 

So first of all, as we all know eBay works a little differently to Amazon.  Amazon just has things for sale all the time, whereas eBay usually has things on for a short period of time.  So how does that work?  Surely we can't add an item that only has a week until the bidding closes, otherwise there will be nothing there at the end of the week.  What happens when it disappears?

Secondly, how do we earn off this program.  Amazin is simple, we get a set precentage of however much an item sells for if someone has clicked thorugh our link.  Is that the same with eBay?  What kind of returns are we likely to get from it?

I have checked the FAQs and not found any answers althoug maybe I missed something.  Could anyone help me out so it is all a little bit more clear.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It usually works through keywords. It finds items that match and when they disappear they are replaced.

I have never made much from Ebay. Maybe $30 total.

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah I see, do we earn a percentage?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe...but I'm not positive...that it is the same 60/40 split as usual.

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

60/40 of what?  That doesn't make sense?  Surely we dont get paid for clicks, surely it's actual sales we generate?

working