What are your favorite quotes?

1. Cathleena Beams profile image82
    Cathleena Beamsposted 5 years ago

Here is one I came across today, I absolutely love:

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart!

1. JeniferRW profile image81
      JeniferRWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'Some people are like a slinky....Not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you throw them down a flight of stairs.' - I have no idea who first said this but it definitely stuck with me, I thought it was hilarious.

'Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are but WE are responsible for who we become.'

"...that was the first thing I had to learn about her, and maybe the hardest I've ever learned about anything, that she is her own, and what she gives me is of her choosing and the more precious because of it. Sometimes a butterfly will come to sit in your open palm, but if you close your hand, one way or the other, it , and it's choice to be there...are gone." - Barbara Hambly

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate." -Thomas Jones

"Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what's left."

"Because you are in control of your life. Don't ever forget that. You are what you are because of the conscious and subconscious choices you have made." -Barbara Hall

Ok, I swear I'm done now lol I loved it when I came across this forum a little bit ago because ever since around the age of 10 I have little journals and notebooks I have kept just full of little quotes that I thought were either funny or inspirational. It's still a hobby of mine when I have the time to search for new ones. I just love looking through different things people of our history have said at one point or another. Especially when they still apply in today's society and time, which the majority of them still do and always may. Sorry I took up so much space though! I had a hard time deciding which ones to post sad