jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Using Ebay and Amazon capsules on one hub

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Do other writers use Ebay AND Amazon capsules on each hub?
    Has anyone seen any improvement when using only one or the other?
    I'm still getting low traffic after making many improvements but
    not sure about this.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've used both in a single Hub. However, I just about quit using eBay and starting taking their capsules out of my Hubs...After two and a half years on HP, I made only $5 on eBay, but with Amazon, I've been getting monthly payouts for nearly a year.

The only reason I use an eBay capsule now is if I can't find items related to my topic on Amazon (collectibles and antiques, for example).

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea how to make a successful ebay hub, so have slid some ebay capsules into sales hubs with amazon as a trial to see what happens.

At this point, for the things I'm pushing, ebay is generally cheaper and of lower quality - it at least gives the viewer a choice

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Giving the reader choices is good. It's a signal that you know your stuff and are offering options, in other words, not pushing a single product from a single place, although a case could be made for that, too.

My issue with eBay is their process for crediting commissions to an ePN account. Apparently, I don't generate "quality links", whatever the f*&%^%k that means. I did ask for explanation from eBay, but the response I got was gobbledygook. Amazon likes me, and that's all I care about right now.

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1) yes, quite often
      2) sometimes I only use one or the other because one source only has the most or even any relevant items

I find that each has stronger sales at slightly different times of the year and sometimes one works much better for a particular topic. 

And of course with the switchover in how eBay is going to run on this site, I'll have to just wait and see...