jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

New Ad Layout Concern

1. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I have a big concern with the new ad layout. From my understanding, it effectually cuts off from Adsense by replacing most of our Adsense ads with the Google ads through them. If that CPM is the same or lower than before, then we are losing the chance for the clicks from Adsense we were getting and gaining nothing from the new layout. We were told these new ads would bring a higher CPM. My CPM exactly the same (around 3.00 something.) This is half of what it was when I first started the HP program.

Isn't the CPM supposed to go up? I was just starting to semi-regular clicks from Google and this new development concerns me. I know we can always opt out but then we lose this new E-Bay opportunity.

1. G Miah profile image84
      G Miahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not really bothered anymore! The HB program is good enough for me!

I actually quite like the Google ads at the bottom to be honest!

2. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can always turn off the HP Ads - I'm going to watch the HP Ads for a month to see if there is an improvement - if not I'll turn off the HP Ads and see if the Google Adsense increases...

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I made a mistake when I first looked at the ad layout comparisons. Looking again, I realize that Adsense is virtually dead on the new layout.

I will give it a few weeks but I am expecting my overall ad income to take a serious nosedive. My HP ad income would have to double to replace the income I am likely to lose from adsense and I don't think that will happen.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

The proof is in the pudding for me.  So I will look at how the earnings work out over an extended period of time.  Human behaviour can be so fickle that it's not always easy to second guess them in advance.