jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Linking to labels within a hub, how?

1. stevarino profile image85
    stevarinoposted 5 years ago

First of all, being new to HubPages.com I like the editor. It's simple, clean and functional. My question is about linking to labels within the hub, I have a situation were I'm inserting footnotes, and would like to be able to link back and forth between the body and the footer. The html cleaner doesn't like me putting id or name in the tags.

Thanks in advance!

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Put an H2 heading on each text capsule, then go to 'view source' and look for (ctrl+F) the _mod file around the H2 name - it will read something like _mod12345678. The hyperlink that you want to link to that capsule will be the hub url with #_mod12345678 at the end.
      Does that help?

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow ! Izzy brilliant as always.. i need to try this out.. smile  Thank you for sharing smile

2. stevarino profile image85
    stevarinoposted 5 years ago

I used the tag ids already generated for the hrefs and it works well enough for just a few footnotes. The links go back and forth to the top of the capsules which is okay for now, but if I get a lot of footnotes, I'll use your idea about adding h2 tags to generate additional "_mod999999" ids to link directly to the references instead of the capsules.

Thanks for your pointer, it was very helpful!