jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Tracking Adsense Revenue

1. Lela Davidson profile image82
    Lela Davidsonposted 9 years ago

Does anyone know how to track what ads people clicked on?  Yesterday I made over $4 in Google Adsense and prior to that I'd never cracked $1.  Just curious to see if I can find out what people are buying!

2. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 9 years ago

I think the only way would be to set up channels in your Adsense account to your hub pages, but I believe there is no easy way to know exactly which ads have the highest clicks.

3. parushing profile image73
    parushingposted 9 years ago

I use URL Channels.  It makes it easier than setting individual channels up for your hubs and there is a limit on the number of channels you can set up.

Just ad Hubpages.com to a URL channel to do that.  There are some "heat map" tools that can tell you where people click.  There just is no way to know the exact ad.

4. Moonmaiden profile image83
    Moonmaidenposted 9 years ago

I've been trying to figure out the channel thing all day. If I go to one of my hubs and copy the URL I am getting results for just that one article.
    Is there a way to track all my articles on hubpages on one channel without having to list each hub of mine one by one?

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

AdSense will match everything that begins with the URL that you specify that has your ad on it, so for instance a URL channel for:

would match anything on the hubpages.com domain (including your hubs, profile page, author tag pages, and any of your affiliates pages).  I think that's what you want Moonmaiden.

On the other hand:

would only match hubs, and

would only match your archery buddies hub.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I have channels for each of my hubs and then just run a report that grabs all of them to get a total for my AdSense from HubPages.  Or I can see how an individual hub is doing.

But you can't see exactly which ads are being clicked on, which probably helps eliminate clickfraud.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Relache, you should probably set up a channel for hubpages.com as well.  It will capture data from your affiliate tracker links and signups as well as on the other pages you get a revenue share on (such as profile and author hub listing pages).

7. Moonmaiden profile image83
    Moonmaidenposted 9 years ago

Thanks Paul. I will try that instead.

8. JRobin profile image60
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

Thank you for the info, Paul.

I'll put it to good use...