jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Video's

1. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 5 years ago

I can' find the exact answer.
    How do i install "My Own" video in my next hub??
    There are plenty of answers of how to from you tube and so on, but is it not possible to install directinto my new hub??
    LOL Ghaelach

2. GmaGoldie profile image88
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Great question.

I have heard there is a way to host on your own website but I have not seen this very often. Any webmasters out there to guide us?

3. GmaGoldie profile image88
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

PS I would love HP to host videos in addition to the photos and the articles.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, and then HP could start charging to pay for the bandwidth.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Last time I checked there was no way to directly upload videos to HP. It must be imported from another location, which would be the main reason why the Learning Center would only have information on YouTube.

YouTube is part of Google's network of companies/programs. As a member of Google Adsense and Google Analytics, you can use the same account to setup a Google YouTube account.

1. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil thanks for the info.
      So does that mean i must upload to you tube from my laptop then download it back to my laptop ie. hubpages?? doesn't make sense.
      With such a big website as hubpages you'd think that we'd be able to install not only foto's but also vid's direct as well. But then i have no idea of the logistic's of such. Again thanks a lot.
      LOL Ghaelach

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You would not be downloading anything from YouTube once you have uploaded. Once you have uploaded your video on YouTube, then all you have to do is import the URL from YouTube into the Video Capsule.

The Video Capsule will capture the URL from YouTube and display the video on your hub.

1. profile image0

Cagsil thanks.
          I just move my video capsule where i want it in my hub and click edit and go to YT  and click import.
          Sounds easy enough that maybe i can accomplish that small tast. Thanks and i'll let you know how i get on and the name of the hub when i publish.
          LOL Ghaelach

1. profile image0

Cagsil  hello again.
            Well i got it sorted out as you said. Upload to you tube and then i did a split screen with YT and HP showing my new hub and the capsule in place, press edit, click on YT and then do a drag and drop with the url and what do you know every thing fell into place.
            Have a visit at my hubpage and my new hub called "JOS. MEYER"
            Once again thanks for all your help.
            LOL Ghaelach

working