jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Previously published blog

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I wrote a blog on another site about a trip I took.  Have great photos. Can I republish that on HubPages making changes to refresh it?  Thanks.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I would say yes, depending on how you write it. You can duplicate the exact same blog post you made, but you could write a similar article about it here and even show the pictures.

All stuff on HP should be original content. wink

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Cagsil.  I just reread your sentence and just to make it clear: you said I can duplicate the exact same blog post I made.  Did you mean I can't?  I wouldn't duplicate the blog, but would love to use some of my photos.  I wouldn't want that blog monster who checks for duplicate work to get me!  big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

You could probably write an article on the exact same topic, but you could not use the exact same words in the exact same order. If you were to copy/duplicate a blog post, which is usually about 300-400 words, then you would have to expand on the new article to about 1500 words or more. This way the articles are not identical.
        Duplicate content is not allowed, but there are ways around it.
        Using the same photos is not a problem. I use the same photos in much of my writing.
        It would not matter. All Hubs are monitored/filtered for duplicate content as they are written.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image85
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Mary, Cags meant can't smile
    When I first started on HubPages I re-wrote an entire personal story that I had on another site as it came up as a duplicate.

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for reply!  I won't put any part of my published blog on HP.   It isn't worth the risk.  I'll just keep churning out my originals!  I was starting to writing blogs, and it was SO good!

working