jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

Unable to create a new hub!

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

On the create a new hub "page", when I type my title, I select my category which does not give me the usual subcategories.

I can only input two tags.

When I click continue, the page refreshes and I am not taken to the usual page where I am told that spam will be deleted and copied content is prohibited etc.

The new hub refuses to be created!

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are not alone. The same thing just happened to me. ***Sigh*** Had to right my title down so I wouldn't forget. They come to me quickly. lolo! smile

2. 61
      PokeHarvest600posted 5 years ago in reply to this

that weird I have the exactly the same problem I want to make all my 10 Hubs so I can sign up for google adsense

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't tried to start a new hub today at all so sorry can't comment on that aspect, but just wanted to say to PokeHarvest that the quickest way to get a Google Adsense account still, is to start a blogger blog, put up a few posts and apply through Blogger (which Google owns).
        Assuming you are not from a country with the six months wait, that is.

2. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I went back....being the determined person I am.....and tried the simplified version and it worked after a few attempts. You guys can try that. I don't like the simplified version at all.

1. AEvans profile image70

I will wait patiently for our knight in shining armor to fix it. smile

2. homesteadbound profile image89
          homesteadboundposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not to wild about the simplified version either.

3. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa,

Thank you for reporting this.  We are looking into it now.

In the meantime, you can still create a new Hub using our simplified Hub Tool: http://hubpages.com/hubtool/accessible/

Ari

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tried to just edit a hub a couple of hours ago and it would not let me.

2. the pink umbrella profile image71
        the pink umbrellaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yea, figured that simplified thing out on my own...not as good as the usualy way, but i was able to edit in everything i wanted after i submitted.

2. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 5 years ago

It has given me a couple different errors when I have tried to start a new one also

3. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem!  I tried to use the simplified version, but I'm not smart enough.  Maybe I'm just spoiled. I'll wait to get answers about this.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never even SEEN the simplified tool before - how mad is that?

Anyway, it looks like it doesn't autofill the url address, and maybe this is your sticking point.

But all you need to put in is your subdomain - http://mary615.hubpages.com/ followed by hub/ and then the title which as it says needs underscore or dashes.

So if your hub is entitled (for example) Hard Boiled Eggs - then you could use HardBoiledEggs, Hard-Boiled-Eggs, or Hard_Boiled_Eggs to name but three (I'm sure there are more).

Pick one - say HardBoiledEggs, then your url will be

http://mary615.hubpages.com/hub/HardBoiledEggs

It is easy, honestly.

1. mary615 profile image92
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, that was my sticking point.  I'll give it a try.  Don't know if that would make a difference in creating a new Hub, but I'll try.  Thanks.

4. homesteadbound profile image89

Also having problems with the video capsule. It lets me copy in the video url, but when you click view video nothing happens. When you close the capsule it appears as if you haven't done anything, but if you save unpublished, the videos pop into place. This is for both vimeo and youtube videos.

5. ezhang profile image
    ezhangposted 5 years ago

I just wanted to update everyone that the issue should be fixed now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

1. mary615 profile image92
      mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just published another Hub!  Many thanks for all you do!

2. AEvans profile image70

I knew you would. Thanks I will now resume with what I was doing. smile

6. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I also want to thank Ari for the quick reply and Ezhang for his positive response. Thanks you guys  smile

7. homesteadbound profile image89

I was able to do two today with no problems. I get so used to everything working so smoothly, that I'm surprised when they don't. Thanks for your quick response.

8. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

When I was unable to start a new hub, my heart stopped!  I was afraid I'd been kicked out of HubPages for some reason.  These things happen when you're  dealing with software, etc. and I know that , but the engineers got it fixed very quickly , thanks to all.

working